What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Anyone else with orange UK?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Poll: What Mobile Network Provider Are You?
O2
Orange
T-Mobile
Virgin
Vodafone
Tesco
Other
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Anyone else with orange UK?
Author: Message:
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  Anyone else with orange UK?
Well i really do like alot of things about orange (mobile network provider not brodband) they do have some good packages for your money. Well one problem i've been having is about 30% of the texts i send takes about 10 hours to go through and at worst +- 4 days. So i used another phone and made sure i was not using the radiomast that i am closest to and sometimes this still happens.

Now it's not all the time but it used to be instant and sometimes it can get worse and worse untill a point in time. So is anyone else experiencing this that is using orange UK?

Thanks for help in advance (Y)

Also added poll just to see the most used ;)
No longer here.
05-25-2008 08:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone else with orange UK?
You are obsessed by phones, it worries me, I remember all the old threads about phones and flashing and what not :(

Having problems? Enable text confirmation to tell you when a text has been received, gather the stats then phone your provider, ask what is going on, 10 hours for a text etc, no text is left idle for more than 24hours anyway, otherwise it is canceled and returned.

It may be a dodgy transmitter/receiver your phone is connected to try resetting it etc.
05-25-2008 08:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
No i know exactly what you mean! I have the same problem, when I send a message to my GF and she doesn't recieve it for 4-5 hours she thinks im ignoring her and stuff so yeah it pisses the fuck out of me, at least i know its no my phone :)
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

05-25-2008 08:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
im on virgin and it happens with other people but never on virgin, only on some phones on particular networks including orange and t-mobile.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-25-2008 08:33 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Anyone else with orange UK?
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
You are obsessed by phones, it worries me, I remember all the old threads about phones and flashing and what not :(

Having problems? Enable text confirmation to tell you when a text has been received, gather the stats then phone your provider, ask what is going on, 10 hours for a text etc, no text is left idle for more than 24hours anyway, otherwise it is canceled and returned.

It may be a dodgy transmitter/receiver your phone is connected to try resetting it etc.

Thats what i'm doing (Y) Well it actually stay's with the network if it's on there end (can't remember if thats the reason).

I had a physical look it looked ok but i re flashed it with updated FIRMWARE and still getting the same problem. As sais i used a differant phone :) Thanks for the help.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
No i know exactly what you mean! I have the same problem, when I send a message to my GF and she doesn't recieve it for 4-5 hours she thinks im ignoring her and stuff so yeah it pisses the fuck out of me, at least i know its no my phone :)

Well i top up about £20 a month and i'm not paying orange to be a send as they feel like it. What package are you?
No longer here.
05-25-2008 08:45 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
I top up 30-40 a month so i get 1000 free texts every month ( I think the package is dolphin, cant remember)
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

05-25-2008 08:49 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Anyone else with orange UK?
quote:
I top up 30-40 a month so i get 1000 free texts every month ( I think the package is dolphin, cant remember)

£30 is unlimited :S I think i might call them and if all they can say is "were having a problem and it can't be fixed untill blah blah blah" i really won't be happy.
No longer here.
05-25-2008 08:58 PM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Anyone else with orange UK?
quote:
Yeah that happens to me, and the worst of it is that it only ever happens with this one girl...

Also, have you guys seen Orange Messenger? As far as I can tell you basically get your contact list on your phone and can talk to them. It also says it's free until 30th June.

The downside?

It only accepts @hotmail.xxx and @live.com addresses, so my @gmail.com passport doesn't work. :(
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
05-25-2008 09:26 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
lol suckage. get them told about, i reckon theyd be glad with the feedback.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-25-2008 09:30 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
so my @gmail.com passport doesn't work

Amazing that, Happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME with special deals involving Microsoft Passport accounts hmmm *-) :dodgy: :P
05-25-2008 09:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: