What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PS2 Disk Load Problems

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
PS2 Disk Load Problems
Author: Message:
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: PS2 Disk Load Problems
There was a slight problem in the first models, however the current version is actually a reduced-silicon version, and is more unlikely to suffer from these problems.

I used a lens cleaner CD, it made funny noises (as the cleaner head went over the plastic bits of the tray I guess) but everything seems to work now.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
05-31-2008 09:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: PS2 Disk Load Problems
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
it made funny noises
It's possible the laser movement gears are wearing out. I had a similar problem: the worm gear used to actually move the laser was being stripped of its thread, and the drive made clicking noises as the drive gear slipped. I fixed it by using the world's smallest twice'folded piece of paper (increased pressure between the gears), but a few months later, it was as bad as ever.
I got a slimline not long after that.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-02-2008 06:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I had the exact same problem, the ps2 that i bought didn't play many disks, there are some settings that you can change on the hud of the PS2, something to do with disk scanning; I can't really remember. But that worked quite a bit. Otherwise there is something you can do with opening up the PS2 and changing the angle that the disk tray reads at for DVDs and PS2 disks (it changes for each type).
06-02-2008 10:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: PS2 Disk Load Problems
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
it made funny noises
It's possible the laser movement gears are wearing out. I had a similar problem: the worm gear used to actually move the laser was being stripped of its thread, and the drive made clicking noises as the drive gear slipped. I fixed it by using the world's smallest twice'folded piece of paper (increased pressure between the gears), but a few months later, it was as bad as ever.
Nah it wasn't that. The cleaner brush was rubbing against the disk tray. :)
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
06-02-2008 10:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I had the exact same problem, the ps2 that i bought didn't play many disks, there are some settings that you can change on the hud of the PS2, something to do with disk scanning; I can't really remember. But that worked quite a bit. Otherwise there is something you can do with opening up the PS2 and changing the angle that the disk tray reads at for DVDs and PS2 disks (it changes for each type).
I thought the disc scan speed was for PS1 mode only?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
it made funny noises
Nah it wasn't that. The cleaner brush was rubbing against the disk tray. :)
Wooyay! At least the mechanism works then.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-03-2008 08:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: