What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus.

Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus.
Author: Message:
AngelTrae

O.P. Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus.
Twice in two days I have formatted. I have very carefully one by one added my usual programs. As soon as I add Live Plus from your site, My AVG Antivirus and my ZoneAlarm go insane. If I allow the communication they ask for, I get popups of LOP and CiD virus windows, everything from xxx shit to kids toys and gambling and love calculators.
I have to say, I once enjoyed your product but you really need to look at your files. I don't know if is just the usual for you or if you once had a legitimate product .. this is not acceptable tho and I will be formatting a third time now, and your product will never again see mine or my children's computers.
06-18-2008 07:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus.
You appear to have installed the OPTIONAL sponsor program during Plus!'s installation.

Please be more careful and read the installer next time and you wouldn't have had this problem...twice.

[Image: msgplusliveagreecl2.png]

Also, for further reading: How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor

This post was edited on 06-18-2008 at 08:16 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
06-18-2008 08:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
And to be correct: The sponsor is not a virus, nor spyware. It is adware (which you can uninstall in the normal default way by going to Add/Remove Programs). There is a big difference.

And even most (quality) anti-virus/spyware programs do make that difference... if you read properly what they give as a warning (since not all warnings mean that you have a virus).

Messenger Plus! always have had this very same sponsor though (since version 2.something) and it always was optional and you always had to explicitly tick the option to install it; it never ever installed automatically.

And last, the sponsor program of Messenger Plus! Live never shows adult content! If it does, I strongly encourage you to take a screenshot and report it ASAP so that ad can be taken out.

;)

This post was edited on 06-18-2008 at 11:01 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-18-2008 10:54 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Why would you format your computer when you can easily uninstall it in about 30 seconds? You're way over reacting.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-18-2008 11:16 PM
super1

RE: RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Why would you format your computer when you can easily uninstall it in about 30 seconds? You're way over reacting.

i second that.  just a bit of advice running two antivirus/firewalls is a bad idea.  too many conflicts between the programs.
06-19-2008 10:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
based on the fact that he allows communications I believe Zonealarm is the firewall only and wont affect AVG.
If only I knew what I should put here
06-20-2008 06:31 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: