What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs?
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs?
I've been working at subway recently, just did my first paid shift (had to do 8 hours unpaid training first :( ) and unfortunately due to my back's condition and worry for my own health and well being, I decided to resign (not the first time I've left an occupation because of my health)

Unfortunately this has left me once again unemployed, but I would like to do some work in design or advertising or something. I've contacted a few record labels asking them if they would like me to create some skins for any of their bands making an interesting advertisement scheme, so far no replies.

So I'm reaching out to my friends here, if you would like any posters, logos or banners or skins made etc or perhaps you can think of something else you'd like done, like animations or something and are willing to pay then please get in contact with me, or forward my details on to people you might know.

Any fees would be minimal and basically to cover my own expenses only.

Hopefully I can be of help to someone, sorry if this isn't really right for this forum, guess I'm just trying to help myself out of a depressing rut of not being able to work.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I'd rather not be claiming any benefits though (also for some reason I'm not regarded as disabled enough or something last time I checked)

*sigh* feel like I should just be apologising for myself even though there's nothing I can do, just need a bit of cheering up hopefully :)
06-19-2008 07:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs?
get a desk job like secretary or data input monkey since they require few skills (apart from typing speed in the former I guess), assuming sitting down isn't a problem
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
06-19-2008 07:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
How, being a waiter has given me back problems, 8 hour shifts with no breaks and very stressful envorioment.

Why not try a call centre? Libaries appeantly pay well too :P.
06-19-2008 07:35 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs?
I've been trawling through the uni's workbank for stuff but job locations are miles away would cost me £20 to get there and back each day, sitting down hasn't been much of a problem, so long as I can get up and stretch about every so often if required.

I was just looking for something that I could use my design skills for hopefully, but all sign shops for 13 miles aren't hiring, which is what my last occupation was that I really enjoyed doing and learnt lots in the process, hoped I cold repeat it up here but have been applying since about November and nothings propped up till subway job other week.

heh there was a call center but loads of my friends warned me not to work there after they all had problems with management and treatment and pay

I've applied for bar, shop, music and IT work too, all no response unfortunately, a local pub only wanted some gig promotion and was sorry he couldn't hire me properly, or guarantee a good payment even if I somehow managed to do advertising campaigns with posters and flyers etc, as it was tied to whatever the money on the door made, I'd get a percentage.

Hopefully once the uni reopens, they'll want new bar staff and I can get a part time job with them but for summer everywhere seems locked up and dead, especially for new applicants.

Library is a good idea, not sure if our one is volunteering only though. I've been trying tattoo and piercing parlors as well, unfortunately they'd just opened up and couldn't afford new staff at that time, or were fully staffed too.

This post was edited on 06-19-2008 at 07:50 PM by aNILEator.
06-19-2008 07:39 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Bar work is busy work, it won't be great for your back. You will be moving a lot :P.
06-19-2008 09:32 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Bar work is busy work, it won't be great for your back. You will be moving a lot (Smilie).

True, the uni bar isn't too busy though, and I could just do the cooking or something for few hours a day. Unlikely to happen, but I can pour a damn good Guinness and get the clover on top (even from a can)
06-19-2008 11:51 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Go to freelancing sites like elance.com and go for the article writing jobs. Work for about 2-3 hours a day and you'll easily make atleast $50 daily. Catch me on wlm if you need more tips regarding this :).
06-20-2008 05:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
ScriptLance.com is also a great choice for this, they ask for tons of graphics jobs all the time :p
06-20-2008 05:26 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
thanks guys i'll check them out :)
06-20-2008 10:21 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Being a chef is the worst job, long hours, low paid and not great on your body. Have you heard of the free lunch room? You may want to Google it as it is a good way to make money online.
06-20-2008 10:22 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: