What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname

[VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname
Author: Message:
uNDeRGRouND99

O.P. [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname
Hi. I'm coding a program with VB.NET.
But when i use MSN.MyFriendlyName it answer me "[c=1]uNDeRGRouND99[ /c]"
If i don't want [c=1]. How i can remove it?
There is a function in the Messenger Plus Scripting called RemoveFormatCodes, but how can i code this function in VB.NET?

This post was edited on 07-08-2008 at 11:42 AM by uNDeRGRouND99.
07-08-2008 11:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname
You could write a function which replaces all format codes with an empty string. Although, to make it perfect, you'd have to know every format code, which may be a problem.
quote:
Scripting Documentation > MsgPlus::RemoveFormatCodes > Remarks
Through out its existence, Messenger Plus! came up with three different sets of control codes (each born from a specific necessity):
  • IRC codes. These are control characters using special ASCII values. They were modeled on mIRC.
  • IRC codes for contact names. Derived from IRC codes, these codes were added to bypass new filters set for contact names on the Messenger servers.
  • BBCode. These tags resemble the way formatting is added in HTML documents. They were modeled on phpBB.
Because of the list of tags and their possible combinations would be pretty long and because new control codes may be added in the future, it is recommended that you use this function to filter out every possible code from the strings your script manipulates.
Plus! Live has buttons to add IRC and BBCode styled format codes, although I have no idea what those "IRC codes for contact names" are. I guess you'll have to dig through the forums and do some research if you want to replicate RemoveFormatCodes. As it states in the remarks: this function was added to make scripts future-proof for format codes, so you'll have to update your function also in case Plus! adds a new type of format code.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
07-08-2008 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
You may also remove the formatting codes _before_ sending them to your program..
07-08-2008 07:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Choli's 4 multi-format parser functions may be of help, but I think there's a better way - to do it through regular expression, which vb.net supports (well, that is if you must parse the format codes in your vb.net code)

This post was edited on 07-08-2008 at 08:17 PM by Mnjul.
07-08-2008 08:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
uNDeRGRouND99

O.P. RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname
Thank u!
07-09-2008 11:02 AM
uNDeRGRouND99

O.P. RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname
Sry, i can't translate the VB6 language to VB.NET. I've tryed it. Anyone can translate to VB.NET language the parse_nick?
07-09-2008 05:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: