What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » messenger exits without notice

messenger exits without notice
Author: Message:
orit

O.P. messenger exits without notice
Hello. A few weeks ago I've installed messenger plus version 4.6.0.326. my msn messenger version is windows live messenger 8.5.1302.
Sometimes, and I still haven't figured out why and when, the program simply "dies". For example, I've minimized it to the task bar, and continued doing other things in the computer. then i tried to double click on it to open the window and send a message to someone, but when i go over the icon with my mouse, it disappears. So it means the program exited already and I didn't even know it.
Another way it ends, is sometimes (not every time) after a video chat, when i close the window, I get the message that msn needs to close, and asks if i want to send bug report.

another bug (in my opinion) is, if i got messeges while i was offline, in the history log, the time of those messeges is registered on the time i saw the messeges and not the real time they were sent.
07-22-2008 10:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: messenger exits without notice
What is your operating system?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-22-2008 10:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
orit

O.P. RE: messenger exits without notice
windows xp proffesional
07-22-2008 11:47 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by orit

another bug (in my opinion) is, if i got messeges while i was offline, in the history log, the time of those messeges is registered on the time i saw the messeges and not the real time they were sent.
That's because you don't receive the messages until you sign in, therefore technically you received it at the time you signed in. The messages are stored on a server(afaik) and sent to you when you sign in, so as far as the client is concerned you have received the message at the time of signing in.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-22-2008 12:31 PM
orit

O.P. RE: messenger exits without notice
yes but in the original messenger, they log the history with the time the message was written by the other contact, and not the time i saw it. why can't it be the same with messenger plus?
07-22-2008 12:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Because Messenger Plus! does not control all those things, especially not offline messages.

Remember that Messenger Plus! is just an addon. You are still using Windows Live Messenger.

The first thing you should do is to uninstall Messenger Plus! and use Messenger for a while without it. Then see if those crashes still occur.

Also, do you have any scripts installed in Messenger Plus!? If so, remove them, and again see if the crashes still occur.... Some Messenger Plus! scripts can cause crashes like yours (especially if they use the Xniff ActiveX).

Also, do you have any other tools installed for Messenger? This includes patches. If so, remove them all.

And last, try to redownload Messenger and install it again (dont do a repair, but do a full new install).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2008 06:49 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I have experienced this when I had a bad connection: Messenger exits itself without saying anything

Make sure your connection is good.
07-24-2008 10:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: