What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
[Release!] World of Football - English Premier League
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [In Progress] World of Football
quote:
Originally posted by limeares
Please add Manchester United! It's my favorite team!

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
The first pack that is under construction will be the English Premier League, the pack will include a skin of all 20 English Premier League teams of the current season
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5231 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes, 17 seconds ago
03-09-2009 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [In Progress] World of Football
[Image: screenshot-1-300x248.png]13th March, 2009 Update:

It's taken a while, a whole month to be exact, for me to get my head around the coding, and to put the whole skin together, but finally, the skin is very near a public beta release! My testers have helped me out in ironing bugs that i did not notice, whilst also providing me with the feedback that i needed to make the skin better! And personally i feel so far it has come out very nicely.

I feel maybe it is finally time to show you all a sneak preview of the skin with its default settings but with the Arsenal theme selected, as you can see to the right, click it if you want a bigger view. That is how the skin stands at the Private Beta 2 stage, the next release will be the Public Beta so keep your eyes open over the next few days! :D

The public beta will be released ONLY to the forums, whilst i get a few suggestions from you guys before i officially release it to the database a few days later after getting suggestions and making changes to the skin! :D

Note; This skin will be compatible ONLY with Windows Live Messenger 2009/14.

This post was edited on 03-13-2009 at 03:22 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-13-2009 02:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Very Soon!] World of Football - English Prem League
[Image: screenshot-1-300x248.png]15th March, 2009 Update:

As promised, I am now very happy to release the Public Beta version of my World of Football - English Premier League Skin to you guys who are interested on the forum :) Personally considering it is my first skin, and has taken me around a month now to get to this stage, i am very happy with how it has come out, personally i think it looks nice, but its your thoughts that count.

So on that note, if you notice any bugs in it, then please let me know, also if you have any feature suggestions, or design suggestions, then again, please let me know, i will try and act upon suggestions i feel that are good, and will see how it looks myself and then show you how it comes out.

Now for some details about the skin, the skin as you see it, is how it will be released if i do not recieve any suggestions or bug reports, of course i will fix anything i notice, but anything you guys notice would be just as helpful! This Public Beta as promised contains all 20 teams of the English Premier League 2008/09 Season. The file weighs in @ 4.00mb which is quite good for a 20 team league.

The skin has not yet been sent to the database, as i want to see if you guys have any suggestions before i provide it to the non-forum userbase. On that note there is currently an ad-removal option available by default, this will be "removed" upon final release to database.

Thats all i have to say so...

This post was edited on 03-18-2009 at 03:33 PM by Eddie.
03-15-2009 02:33 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League
[Image: image-300x240.png]18th March, 2009:

This skin is the first in a series known as the "World of Football" series, the series when complete will include the major leagues of the World of Football. This skin as stated is the first in the series and is the English Premier League part of the series, it includes all 20 teams from the 2008/09 season. The skin provides the ability to change your Messenger to suit your favorite team, with the options of either a star player or the team logo at your disposal. As well as these options there are numerous other options including;

- Removing unwanted buttons.
    - Moving the dashboard around.
    - Removing the scene images.
    - Changing the location of your display picture!
    - Along with numerous other features!

The skin will be added to the database really soon, just waiting for menthix to add it in! If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them and i will take a look, thanks!

Update
1.0.0b:
  • Fixed a bug where the images on contact list overlap
  • Fixed an issue with corrupting files due to avatar errors.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Version: 1.0.0b
Released: 19th March, 2009

This post was edited on 03-19-2009 at 04:59 AM by Eddie.
03-18-2009 03:35 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League
Well done Eddie ;)... now let's wait for other league to appear continuously...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
03-18-2009 05:14 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Well done Eddie ;)... now let's wait for other league to appear continuously...
Next up is the La Liga. Again including all 20 teams from the current season.

BTW folks, i need suggestions as to what to do when teams get relagated after the end of a season, am i to just exclude them from an update? Or to release the relegated teams in their own seperate skin files? Suggestions would be nice, because i cant keep all the teams in there or the file size will rise quite dramatically.
03-18-2009 05:35 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
BTW folks, i need suggestions as to what to do when teams get relagated after the end of a season, am i to just exclude them from an update? Or to release the relegated teams in their own seperate skin files? Suggestions would be nice, because i cant keep all the teams in there or the file size will rise quite dramatically.
maybe for next year you could also include second division leagues and that would solve partially the problem... team that get relegated from first div will be included in second div next year... but no more... so you don't have to do all the teams from second division ;) just use the ones got relegated...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
03-18-2009 06:07 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
maybe for next year you could also include second division leagues and that would solve partially the problem... team that get relegated from first div will be included in second div next year... but no more... so you don't have to do all the teams from second division ;) just use the ones got relegated...
Sounds good, i suppose i could do that. But there has to be a point where i stop, i think i will go with the idea of creating a skin that includes relegated teams, but this is an issue that i dont have to face just yet, but is one i really don't know a good way of getting through.
03-18-2009 06:12 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I think that you just update it once a season......3 additions.....3 subtractions and then change the name to reflect the current season.

Otherwise like you said, it'll become too unmanageable
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5231 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes, 17 seconds ago
03-18-2009 07:01 PM
omg_88

hi I used your skin and I choose man united cos its my favourite team. My feedback is that I find the red background a bit too glaring.
03-26-2009 02:27 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: