What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Remove advertisment after changing skin

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Remove advertisment after changing skin
Author: Message:
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Remove advertisment after changing skin
Yeah I didn't put a registry key anywhere for you to edit out. You'll need to go into the definition file and do what GentlemenMORECORN and GentlemenFillMeWithBBQSauce and GentlemenAGITATETHEHELLOUTOFTHISSNAKE do.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6567 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes, 24 seconds ago.

07-31-2008 02:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
salami101

O.P. RE: Remove advertisment after changing skin
How do I know what to replace the lines of GentlemenMORECORN and GentlemenFillMeWithBBQSauce and GentlemenAGITATETHEHELLOUTOFTHISSNAKE

by?
07-31-2008 08:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moonwolf

57 / Male / Flag
I think patchou should put back the old time settings where you have the option to remove advertisement and some tweaks.....it remind me a lot like a-patch.

If MessengerPlus can add all those options from apatch to there MessengerPlus....it would ELITE.

sadly they remove it and i had remove it too....they use to be an awesome application to have. but now it is more themes and whatever rest people dont use much.

A-Patch it the way to go to costomize the way you want your msn messenger without any crap add on.
08-18-2008 03:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! intends in extending the experience of the users with other features. However, Patchou added skinning, with which you can create your own skin and hide whatever you want. If you just want to hide elements without changing the look of your Messenger, then you could use OpenLive, which is a skin that has some basic options for hiding elements and uses the standard look of Messenger giving users the chance to learn to skin easily. You could use it though just to hide elements if you don't want to give skinning a try. :)

Download OpenLive from here: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/resources/tut-Open-Live/

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 06:29 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-18-2008 06:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Moonwolf
sadly they remove it and i had remove it too....they use to be an awesome application to have. but now it is more themes and whatever rest people dont use much.
I think by "people" you actually just mean yourself.

Plus! adds a whole lot more than just skinning. And a lot of people (50 million) use "all the rest" of Plus! quite a lot. Otherwise, Plus! wouldn't be so popular as it is.

The footprint of Plus!Live on your system isn't that much bigger than it was with Plus!3 (which you apparently found "awesome"). In fact, it is a hell of a lot more stable. There are no "more themes" in Plus!Live either. The look is just a bit changed to blend better with WLM, that's all (and the options placed in a more logical way).

If you mean by "themes" the skinning feature, which you, I assume, don't like, then that is exactly the kind of feature you could use to remove the advertisements, without changing any look if you want; You can make a small skin which just removes the ads and nothing more.

quote:
A-Patch it the way to go to costomize the way you want your msn messenger without any crap add on.
Plus! can do and customize a lot more. But if you don't use "the rest" of Plus! then it is indeed of not much use to install Plus!.

(just as it is quite strange to install Plus!3 in the first place just to use the "hide advertisement" option if that is all you're interested in)

But that certainly does not make it a crap addon either.

A-Patch was made so that you can change some options without using any addon if you are just interested in those options and nothing more. But since you say you found Plus!3 awesome, I also assume you used the other options in Plus!3. So, quite frankly, I don't understand your post as it seriously contradicts itself.

;)

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 07:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-18-2008 07:01 PM
Moonwolf

57 / Male / Flag
50 millions? impress. But I am sure there is a lot of that does not know about A-Patch how powerful it can make your msn messenger to look the way you want it.

Keep in mind that where messengerPlus has started. With tweaks and options to removed adds and so on.

Now it seem it has converted to more like Vista theme changer or a stardock product ...changing the skin that it. I need something where I can change the source of msn messenger. And I feel MessengerPlus lost that value.

Dont get all insulted just cause of an opinion ....some of you are sounding like Vista lovers. Some of us still love the old ways where you were able to twist things around to you own ways.
08-19-2008 11:46 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
The only option removed is the ability to hide ads. Messenger Plus never had any other of the features you can find in A-Patch/MessPatch (except polygamy). They are both completely different products and used for other purposes.

Yes, Plus! has skinning, but you are not forced to used it. All old features are still there, except for that one feature.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-19-2008 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I need something where I can change the source of msn messenger. And I feel MessengerPlus lost that value.
Plus! never could "change the source" in that aspect. So, there isn't anything "lost".
In fact, with Plus!Live you can change far more things than you could with Plus!3.
And with Plus! scripting you can even do everything(!) what A-patch does and even more, if you like.

quote:
But I am sure there is a lot of that does not know about A-Patch how powerful it can make your msn messenger to look the way you want it.
That is exactly what skinning can do too. In fact, many options in A-Patch are simple changes in the UIFiles. Which is exactly what Plus! skinning does too; altering the very same things which A-Patch would alter (and without tampering with the actual physical file or causing problems and build version compatibility issues).

quote:
Dont get all insulted just cause of an opinion ....some of you are sounding like Vista lovers.
We are not insulted. We simply tell you what the real differences are and what Plus! realy is.

Since I think you realy have a big misconception about what Plus! skinning is, and what the UI options in A-Patch actually do and what the differences are.

Have you explored the still existing functions and all the new functions of Plus!Live, giving it the benefit of doubt? Plus!Live is not just a skinning engine. Skinning is only one of the hundreds of options you have in Plus!Live.

And it is not because Plus!Live has a different look than Plus!3 that we are all Vista lovers (many of 'us' don't even use Vista). It is just a look, just some changed graphics used in its menus and preferences, nothing more. And this has got nothing todo with the skinning feature either. :/

-----

Anyways, if you feel better using A-Patch then by all means use it! That's why it is there. Nobody here will ever tell you not to use it.

Just know that Plus! hasn't changed a bit (except for the 'ad removing' option being removed) concearning "editing source of Messenger".

In fact, you can even change a hell of a lot more with Plus!Live than you could with Plus!3. And everything(!) you can do with A-patch can be done in Plus!Live too (using skinning and/or scripting), which wasn't possible in Plus!3 either...

As such, with Plus! skinning you can remove the advertisements too. It is just not done by a default menu option in the preferences anymore. Moreover, A-Patch is very extremely restricted in its options and in the way to change Messenger. With Plus! you can change the look of whatever you want.

If you like to compare the two in the way you do, then Plus! is like a registry editor where you can change whatever you want and where you have access to everything there is, while A-Patch is like a small tool to only let you choose between 2 things. Plus! is more capable of "editing source of Messenger" than A-Patch is (in fact, you _literally_ can "edit the source of Messenger" with Plus!Live).

;)

I realy need to cut down my post lengths :p

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 03:05 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2008 11:31 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Also, if you want to only hide the ads but not change the look of messenger, you can try Plus!Patch, which is linked in my signature. Not as powerful as a-patch, but can make the most used windows looks very clean. Updated version is in the works actually.

EDIT: Just had a look at Open Live, which basically does the same except for removing the ads. Might rethink what I want to do with Plus!Patch.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 07:34 AM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
08-20-2008 07:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Remove advertisment after changing skin
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
After all Microsoft could easily remove ads for good, but then they would have to charge us for messenger so yeah just remember that.

Not to derail the thread; However, with the serious moolah M$ makes I doubt they HAVE to offset their WLM expenses with ad revenue.

I don't even have ads on my WLM. I have that annoying video thing that M$ is running. I doubt they are paying themselves to advertise their own service. lol
08-22-2008 01:33 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: