What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
Author: Message:
pinksakura

33 / Female / –
O.P. plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
The problem that i'm facing is that before when i use to sign in fro my two email ids at same time they worked properly like when i sent message to the other id it received,but now when i'm sending messages to it,it's not receiving as well as when i add the other email id into some combined conversation along with my other id it's not combining,though it is receiving offline messages...but still i can't send messages to it staying online...i'll be very thankful if someone explain me this problem with details...
08-02-2008 04:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lukychan

Lukychan

32 / Male / Flag
RE: plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
Your problem is like this ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85095&action=lastpost ).
Please, try to uninstall Plus!, make a clean of system an registry with Ccleaner and reinstall the newest version of Msg Plus! Live.
08-02-2008 04:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lukychan
Your problem is like this ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85095&action=lastpost ).
No it is not. It is completely different.

quote:
make a clean of system an registry with Ccleaner
I strongly suggest not to use that unless you know what you're doing. Registry cleaners like that can do more damage than solving anything like this.

Using registry cleaners for stuff like this is useless anyways. Registry cleaners will NOT remove those keys. Simply succesfull uninstalling will remove the existing registry keys.

In fact, polygamy has got nothing todo with any registry key.

This post was edited on 08-02-2008 at 04:57 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-02-2008 04:55 PM
Lukychan

Lukychan

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
quote:
make a clean of system an registry with Ccleaner
I strongly suggest not to use that unless you know what you're doing. Registry cleaners like that can do more damage than solving anything like this.

Using registry cleaners for stuff like this is useless anyways. Registry cleaners will NOT remove those keys. Simply succesfull uninstalling will remove the existing registry keys.

In fact, polygamy has got nothing todo with any registry key.
Absolutely not...it's just a complete uninstall.
08-02-2008 05:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Using CCleaner is completely differant than uninstalling. Using CCleaner will not solve anything. Not to mention that polygamy has got nothing todo with any registry key or temporary file or whatever else CCleaner might try to "fix".

If you want a complete clean install I suggest you remove the main registry keys  and the user specific local data files of MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger manually (like so). CCleaner will not be able to do that.

This post was edited on 08-02-2008 at 05:49 PM by CookieRevised.
08-02-2008 05:27 PM
Lukychan

Lukychan

32 / Male / Flag
After uninstall Plus (or WLM) make a clean with Ccleaner helps to solve most problems.
08-02-2008 06:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
After uninstall Plus (or WLM) make a clean with Ccleaner helps to solve most problems.
sorry, but, no it does not....

If something was fixed after doing an uninstall and running CCleaner, then the problem was most likely already fixed after doing just the uninstall.

Not to mention that, as I said earlier, such automated cleaners can cause more damage than you think, in places you wound't even notice it immediatly (especially when talking in regards to the registry).

I don't want to let this end in a flame war, but do you actually know what CCleaner does? And I'm not talking about a feature list or "it cleans this or that", but about what it really does when it displays "cleaning blahblah"...

Such cleaners do mostly general stuff, nothing todo with specific programs but todo with general references and associations in the registry and temporary files on your hard disk. As such, they quite often remove associations which they think are redundant but are in fact still being used. They also very rarely are designed to handle a specific program and all(!) its registry keys or files. In fact, even if they have the ability to handle some specific stuff for a specific program, they usually do not support everything for that program and can not fix everything. And while they attempt to fix something, they will almost always damage other stuff if you let them run on 'automatic'. Letting it run on 'custom' involves knowing what you are doing and knowing what specific keys and/or files are used for.
08-02-2008 06:42 PM
pinksakura

33 / Female / –
O.P. RE: plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
okay,so actually what i'm suppse to do is to uninstall it and then get a new one...and btw i didn't get that cleaner thing Y_Y so sorry _-_ ...my computer is also getting slow..i don't know what's happening =s
08-02-2008 08:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pinksakura
okay,so actually what i'm suppse to do is to uninstall it and then get a new one...and btw i didn't get that cleaner thing Y_Y so sorry _-_ ...my computer is also getting slow..i don't know what's happening =s
You could try to do a clean re-install, but that is no garantuee it will fix your problem.

In fact, it sounds more like a connection problem (and not so much related to polygamy). And that is usually not fixed by simply re-installing Messenger.

(and you may try to use a cleaner like CCleaner, but only when you know -exactly- what it does, and only when you don't use it on "automatic" mode or whatever it is called. But this wont fix anything related to Messenger though, believe me! It could however fix some Windows performance problems, but even that is only when you know what you need to let the program do for you.)

This post was edited on 08-02-2008 at 08:55 PM by CookieRevised.
08-02-2008 08:52 PM
pinksakura

33 / Female / –
O.P. RE: plz help me! i have trouble with multiple signin
So what i'm suppose to do is jus reinstall it again right..and btw i'm so sorry i didn't get that cleaner thing,plz plz can you explain me more clearly...
thanks alot for your replies! ^^

okay so i did reinstalled it and still it didn't solve the problem,i can't send message to the other id on which i log on...i'll explain my problem a bit more clearly now..when i sign in both of my email ids on the same computer i try to send the message from my first id to another but it doesn't receive it,but when i send an offline message it does receive it..so tell me why is this happening and how can i fix it...i completely uninstalled the Messenger Plus..all the documents of it from my computer and the msn messenger too but still nothing changed..
08-03-2008 01:53 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: