What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Nintendo DS

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Nintendo DS
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Nintendo DS
Hey, just wanted to get your opinions on something (or start another console war!)

I've had my PSP since launch day, but lately I've hardly bought anything for it...latest thing I bought was FM 2008 and that was only cos my laptop was bust and i had to kill time at uni while other people finished their exams

No recept PSP games have seemed to grab me, plus I've got a PS3 so that's what I use for my serious gaming

So I'm considering trading in the PSP and the games I have left (Fight Night Round 3, FM 2008, Jackass the game, NFL Street 2:Underground and World Championship Snooker 2007) and getting a DS Lite and some things like Brain Training, Trauma Centre, Guitar Hero and then stuff like Sudoku/Crossword puzzle ones and a Driving Theory one

Does anyone here have a DS Lite or have experience on one?  What would you recommonend?

Basically I'm not looking for the DS to be a hardcore gaming machine, that's what the PS3 is for given that I've already completed about 15 games and am eagerly anticipating COD5, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia, etc
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5217 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes, 47 seconds ago
08-15-2008 11:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Nintendo DS
I would recommend pirating games, yarrrr. :P
08-15-2008 11:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
DS, just because statistically speaking you are more likely to have a couple of friends with one than a psp. It may not have the power of the psp but the games are different and the touch screen does add some cool gameplay.

Download play is one of the best reasons to get a ds. If you want to play multiplayer with someone on a particular game you don't have to have two copies of the game (in most cases anyway). You can just download a temporary copy while you play your friend. Once you are done it deletes itself.

I have a DS-lite myself. I don't really play it that much anymore with work and all. But at uni it brought hours of entertainment.

Bomberman, Mariokart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Clubhouse games etc

(oh yeah and you can pirate like Eljay said. Just look up R4DS, it lets you play movies and music on your ds too.)

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 12:00 AM by Willz.
08-16-2008 12:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
r4 cards are so cheap on amazon nowadays :O
buy one for sure!

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
08-16-2008 12:21 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
I would recommend pirating games, yarrrr. :P
Ofcourse, R4 + a 4GB MicroSD card and you'll be set :)
08-16-2008 12:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Guitar heroes for the DS is awesome! I nicked it off my sister, it's really good fun - and the guitar duels are ace
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-16-2008 12:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
To be honest, the graphics on the ds suck. Depends on what you are looking for a handheld really... if you are into playing a lot not so mainstream games, then I would go for the ds. I would also go for the ds if you are looking for a more multiplayer option.

If you plan on playing any action sort of games, I would probably go back to the psp as the ds sucks for games suck as that. I own a ds like and I would say that an R4ds is probably the best purchase that I have made for it. I lets me weed out the crap from the awesome.

Mario Kart is pretty awesome for ds. So is Metroid and Bomberman and Zelda. Essentially, those are all the games that I play on a regular basis. Oh if you are into puzzle games, the ds has a shitload of them. I would say that the most awesome one so far is Professor Leighton and the Curious Village.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
08-16-2008 12:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Wally

Thanks Vax <3

– / Male / Flag
Why would you buy a DS when the psp has limitless possiblities one being emulaters like snes, nintendo 64,sega,FBA ... the list goes on. also you can have custom made software on it. And why would you buy games when you can easy download the iso and put it strait on your psp card. It is easier to and cheaper to get your psp done than DS.

the only thing you can do with a DS is put DS and GBA roms which i find pointless seeing you can already put gba roms on the psp. and putting music? why would you want to do that iv heard music on the ds it sucks to be honest.

If you do end up getting a DS get a Supercard not an R4 i find them better. But this is just my oppinion offcoures. :P
Careful don't summon the fail whale.
08-16-2008 01:51 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
As stated before, if you get a DS, buy a flash card (R4DS is a good one) so you can *cough* download games :P.

i own one and im quite happy with it. I was gonna buy a psp, but by the time, i had a PS2 and you could find pretty much every PSP game on the PS2 :P.

Graphics are worse, so if that matters for you, you may not be happy at all (although they ain't THAT bad, just check out some videos on youtube and see for yourself :P). i prefer gameplay over graphics so that's ok with me, and there are A LOT of great-fun games :)

[fanboy]
(Plus you can play the final fantasy 4 remake, which is awesome :D)
[/fanboy]

quote:
Originally posted by wally
Why would you buy a DS when the psp has limitless possiblities one being emulaters like snes, nintendo 64,sega,FBA ... the list goes on. also you can have custom made software on it.
You can put homebrew on the ds too, and there are some emulators, although they dont work as good as you may want :P
quote:
And why would you buy games when you can easy download the iso and put it strait on your psp card. It is easier to and cheaper to get your psp done than DS.
You can download games for the ds too, not to mention that they are only  128mb at most :O. So if you have a 2gb Micro sd card (which costs 10 bucks or so), you can have about 20 games in your card, way better than the psp :P.

quote:
and putting music? why would you want to do that iv heard music on the ds it sucks to be honest.
Not if you use headphones :P Although i wouldn't use the DS for music, it's kinda pointles as most of us have an mp3 player :P

As for the supercard, yeah, it's good, but i've never had a problem with my R4, and 3 friends of mine own a DS with an R4 too, that's why i reccomend it.

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 02:59 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
08-16-2008 02:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wally
psp has limitless possiblities one being emulaters like snes, nintendo 64,sega,FBA
the speed when playing a n64 game on a psp is toucher it runs at like 1 frame a minute by the time you finish the game on it the ds will be 1000 000 times better and no longer called a ds

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

08-16-2008 06:49 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: