What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Problems with WLM 8.5

Problems with WLM 8.5
Author: Message:
zabrak

O.P. WLM 8.5 doing very odd things
I'll have my friends list minimized for about 2 min. or so and then it'll re-open...W...T...F? anybody know what's going on?
08-19-2008 02:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 8.5 doing very odd things
Gee, I never have seen anyone with so much MSN problems before o.O

Is your computer haunted or something? is really too much issues the msn is giving you, I never heard of a contact list reopening alone, it happened to me with the conversation windows though, I had them minimized and if I minimize other windows the msn one gets back in view, but is nothing serious anyways.
08-19-2008 04:00 AM
zabrak

O.P. Problems with WLM 8.5
Probably my 21st problem in the past month:

Takes about 5 min. to load MSN. Sometimes the loading will timeout and start over, or freeze and I have to ctrl+alt+delete it and start over.

Also. when I have 10 or more people in a groupchat it starts to lag.

Also. If I send one of my friends a screenshot that I just did (via the Print Screen key) my MSN will freeze and I have to exit out and then re-sign in.

It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me) I was perfectly fine. And in terms of computer specs, my computer can very well handle MSN, lol.
08-19-2008 05:48 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Problems with WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me)

It can be your computer ^o)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-19-2008 01:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: Problems with WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me)

It can be your computer ^o)

no. Froze as in it didn't want to work anymore.
08-19-2008 07:16 PM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Wait a minute, lets recap, you were using WLM 9.0 beta and downgraded to 8.5?

Maybe the problem is there, maybe some of the registry entries are searching for the version 9.0?

Is really odd, I never heard of that much problems with msn for one single user, I heard them from separated users as in one has one problem, other one has a different one and so on, but 21 problems in one month? that's too much, I think it may be also something in your computer, maybe another program causing a conflict?
08-19-2008 11:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Also the fact that you don't use any firewall and no antivirus (from what I've gathered in the other threads) might be a big issue here. I hope I "gathered" wrong too, for your own sake...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2008 11:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: Problems with WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also the fact that you don't use any firewall and no antivirus (from what I've gathered in the other threads) might be a big issue here. I hope I "gathered" wrong too, for your own sake...

• Problems started to occur BEFORE I disabled the firewall. I disabled it for that sole reason alone - because of the problems
  • I have Nortan

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Wait a minute, lets recap, you were using WLM 9.0 beta and downgraded to 8.5?

Maybe the problem is there, maybe some of the registry entries are searching for the version 9.0?

Is really odd, I never heard of that much problems with msn for one single user, I heard them from separated users as in one has one problem, other one has a different one and so on, but 21 problems in one month? that's too much, I think it may be also something in your computer, maybe another program causing a conflict?

I was forced to. 9.0 didn't feel like working on this computer (which is odd, because it works on other computers in this household) so I had to downgrade to 8.5
08-20-2008 08:44 PM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Question, does the computer where you're having the problem has all the windows updates? if is Windows XP do you have Service Pack 3? there are also other set of optional updates that are kind of necesary, they are the Microsoft .NET Framework versions 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 with their respective services packs? as of late some parts of WLM may need them, Flash Player is up to date too?
08-20-2008 10:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: