What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
[Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
very nice skin, a skin i might actually use

a "bug": when dps are disabled in the contact list, their space is still "reserved", not allowing nickname text to surround the complete window.

a suggestion: add option to see your own dp in contact list, allow contact list toolbar to be moved to the right, add that sexy dropdown thing in convo windows to contact list toolbars :P

I will look into the first thing you said.

Re-adding the dp to the contact list is something I don't plan to do unless I figure out a way to resize it. I put up the reason why above, to put it simply it will just destroy the layout if its there.

The dropdown won't be added just on the basis that I did not want to destroy the colorize dropdown and that is what has to be done to get it to the contact list.

The toolbar to the right? what as in right aligned? Anything other than that will destroy the layout as it relies on the heights i set to remain the same.

I am also looking into why special characters dont show in the contact list even though the font supports it. I am looking at alternate fonts.
08-21-2008 02:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
The toolbar to the right? what as in right aligned? Anything other than that will destroy the layout as it relies on the heights i set to remain the same.
yup as in right aligned
quote:
Re-adding the dp to the contact list is something I don't plan to do unless I figure out a way to resize it. I put up the reason why above, to put it simply it will just destroy the layout if its there.

its ok, i was curious as to why it wasn't there
quote:
I will look into the first thing you said.
thanks, that;s the only thing that bugs me about the skin... everything else is just perfect

lulz, i sound like a bitchy chick :P

edit: also, can the nick/psm be centered?

This post was edited on 08-21-2008 at 02:14 AM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-21-2008 02:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Ok sure I will add the right toolbar alignment as an extra setting for 1.0.2, its really easy to do that and it does not require extra space in the options panel or translations.

PSM Nick center alignment I won't do though. It can be done, but if i did do it I would have to get more translations done and then resize the options panel and graphics just to fit it in. Too much effort :P
08-21-2008 02:17 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
PSM Nick center alignment I won't do though. It can be done, but if i did do it I would have to get more translations done and then resize the options panel and graphics just to fit it in. Too much effort :P

i agree with you now :P (registry option =D? one can hope.)
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-21-2008 02:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:

i agree with you now :P (registry option =D? one can hope.)

Maybe, we will see :P

For now I am going to make a change to the font system. I am going to switch to Century Gothic mainly because it does not come up with weird square and it looks pretty decent.

As a little bonus I am going to try and code it so that the font relies on a registry entry. So if people do not like the font they can just edit the supplied registry file and enter in a font of their choice. I am hoping I can get it going :P
08-21-2008 03:28 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Wouldn't it be better if you put an option to disable the font and replace it with the default one which is compatible with all special characters?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-21-2008 08:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Wouldn't it be better if you put an option to disable the font and replace it with the default one which is compatible with all special characters?

That would require me resizing the options panel, getting a new translations and that is far too much effort than whats its worth. I am not touching that options panel anymore as it is already cluttered.

I have found a new alternative font that has no problems with special characters and it looks good. On top of that I have given the ability to specify your own font through that registry entry and another registry entry which does reset it back to wlm's default font.

So yeah this method is a lot more flexible and on top of that I have added some more registry tweaks including being able to bring back the contact list display picture (for all those people who were complaining about it).
08-21-2008 08:59 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
I understand. I have a question. The toolbar to the right is easy, I have already done it. But, is there a way to have a button which hides the entire toolbar? It can be done in the chat window but can it be done in the contact list? I mean, you have told me that you cannot put something in a window if it is not already there. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-21-2008 09:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I understand. I have a question. The toolbar to the right is easy, I have already done it. But, is there a way to have a button which hides the entire toolbar? It can be done in the chat window but can it be done in the contact list? I mean, you have told me that you cannot put something in a window if it is not already there. :)

Messenger does not have a hide contact list toolbar setting therefore it can't be achieved with normal skinning methods. You'd have to write a plugin of some sort to make it do it which is far too much effort than what its worth.
08-21-2008 09:19 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
bumping to announce the release of the 1.0.2 build for both versions. Changes are as follows:

Fixed

Font special character issue
Sign in animation glitch
Spanish tooltips not showing
No display picture mode retaining extra padding
No display picture mode crashing
No display picture mode button glitch
Contact cards animation glitch
Skin options showing title that overlaps the Phunk'n logo

Added:

Both skins come with a folder called "Skin tweaks". This lets users do the following:
     * Restore the display picture at the top of the contact list
     * Align the top contact list display picture to the left or right
     * Restore the icon in the top left of the chat window
     * Reset the font back to Messenger default
     * Specify their own custom font by editing the registry entry

Toolbars can now be right aligned
08-22-2008 12:58 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version