What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Images in chat window

[Request] Images in chat window
Author: Message:
user1221

O.P. Wink  [Request] Images in chat window
hey
could anyone make a script that shows in conversation window images, such as forum. so you put the link between tags like [*img][*/img] to show directly in covnersation window. ^^
i hav tried to create it by myself, but programation is not my actuation area, im so poor with the codes. if anyone can help me, plz post here.
thx (Y)
09-02-2008 01:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Images in chat window
It would be a cool feature. I wonder how it would work.

Take the custom emoticon feature, remove the size limit, and have the feature send photo sized emoticons?

Or maybe remove/add to the preview picture size limit thing, so when you send a picture it shows the preview at full size, but that would probably be client side only :(
09-02-2008 06:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I doubt it'd be possible, not to mention it'd be dodgy with everyone's conversation window being different sizes.

You could do it by removing size limit on emotes and adding the picture as an emote, but that's only client side, as are most 'solutions'. Surely it's far easier just to link someone to the picture? It only takes 2 seconds.

This post was edited on 09-02-2008 at 08:52 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-02-2008 08:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user1221

O.P. RE: [Request] Images in chat window
yeah, the emotes idea its great, but not quick enough to a chat
dont hav any method to insert any type to insert the bbcode in the code of a script?
@vaccination
is just to dont have to send the link or host the image in the internet, it takes me time because my net speed is fucking poor >.<
09-03-2008 12:55 PM
Narthorn

I would also be interested in a way to display larger images in chat messages - even if it's only client-side.
I am in the process of writing a little latex parser, and I need to display the dvi file created by the compiler (or png image, assuming the tex distribution comes with dvipng).

Going to try the emote way right now but I doubt it'll be efficient or easy to write...

This post was edited on 03-01-2009 at 04:29 AM by Narthorn.
03-01-2009 03:34 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: