What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"??

can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"??
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"??
BuudySpy appears to be only for Yahoo! IM clients. MessengerDiscovery can tell you if a contact deletes you I belive, but I am not certain and I'm fairly confident it doesn't let you detect people appearing offline. You do not hear a sound when someone signs in as appear offline. This is  a privacy issue.

However, it is possible to do (even if it is not accurately done):
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff

A while ago, I did make a small Messenger Plus! Script that detected people that were using the option to “Appear Offline” (Please do not ask me for this, I no longer have it as it was a PoC (”Proof of Concept”).

Even that did not detect everybody that was actually online, and had no way to tell if they were still online when it alerted you

This post was edited on 09-12-2008 at 12:08 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-12-2008 12:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by vanillaicecream on 09-12-2008 at 12:00 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Spunky on 09-12-2008 at 12:04 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by exbox on 09-12-2008 at 12:07 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Amec on 09-12-2008 at 12:49 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Spunky on 09-12-2008 at 12:57 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Amec on 09-12-2008 at 01:20 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Shiny Rabbit on 09-12-2008 at 03:01 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by haydos on 09-12-2008 at 05:18 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Reload2 on 09-20-2008 at 09:49 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by Spunky on 09-20-2008 at 11:13 PM
RE: can people tell that I signed into MSN as "appear offline"?? - by mar4ela on 12-04-2008 at 10:37 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: