What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows live messenger won't appear

Windows live messenger won't appear
Author: Message:
fufuriceball

May I have your cupcake?

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Windows live messenger won't appear
I have searched through these forums. But nothing really helps, I have been searching and doing what ever it tells me to do to make my windows live messenger pop up. But it doesn't work! I have tried reinstalling and deleting everything that relates to it. Especially using something like ccleaner to delete every file I missed. ^o) So... Any body got a idea whats going on?

Oh and I also have a Windows vista, I don't know if it may be the problem I'm not sure. Or if the files are corrupted.

This post was edited on 09-23-2008 at 01:52 AM by fufuriceball.
09-23-2008 01:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bigb88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows live messenger won't appear
if u installed the messenger plus did u try and reboot cuz my ex had a prob she loaded a skin and was on vista and had to restart the pc for it to go cuz wlm would come up and go away
[Image: Untitled333.jpg]
09-23-2008 03:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Burningmace

Check your system for malware. Ad-Aware is a comprehensive and free anti-malware application. If you already have an anti-virus package, download the latest AV definitions for it and do a full system scan. After that, try completely removing WLM and Plus! from your computer - both in terms of files and registry entries. Then re-install the latest versions of both (although I'd suggest against the WLM 9 Beta) and try again.
09-23-2008 11:20 PM
Tarkuz

I guess i have a similar problem......

When i start up messenger i get to see in the bottumbar that messenger has start up. (i see a button of windows live messenger)
But i dont see any window on my desktop where i can login.
When i rightclick on the bottumbar (on messenger button) and click close, i see from the right of my screen that a window is shutting down, but i dont see that screen on my desktop, i only see it disapearing from the right of my screen.

Anyone knows what this is?
10-01-2008 01:22 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Do you have a skin enabled? If you do, delete the skin's folder and try to open Messenger again. Sometimes, a skin may causing Messenger to not show. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
10-01-2008 01:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: