What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » OTR support in Messenger plus

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   OTR support in Messenger plus
Author: Message:
X3_

O.P. OTR support in Messenger plus
Off the road http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/ encryption for messenger that supports various other messengers like Pidgin Miranda and some other one...

It would be great since Microsoft obviously will never implement it and unfortunatly the other messengers dont support Video Chat.

Plenty of people out there use OTR and it works with messenger protocol just cant install it directly into messenger it has to be installed into pidgin yet another half a dozen messenger for one single job...
10-14-2008 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: OTR support in Messenger plus
Alternatives are already made into scripts

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/search/?q=encryption

SHA1, MD4, MD5, Base64, Hex, Binary and URL-encoding.

One of the 2 scripts will likely fit your case (crYpt)

This post was edited on 10-14-2008 at 10:00 PM by prashker.
10-14-2008 09:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

Also, the free Simp Lite or the paid for version (if you require its features) work very well with all versions of Messenger, with or without Plus!. 

Some might consider it less trustworthy than OTR because it is not open source, however.
10-15-2008 12:15 AM
X3_

O.P. RE: OTR support in Messenger plus
yea well there is a reason why I asked for OTR specifically all those scrtipts are not compatible with OTR and Every one I chat with uses OTR not these other ones in fact no one else really uses msn.

Besides to the fact I cant think of a better one to support, its a shame its not even considered.

I use Msn cause I can Video chat but theres so many people out there with so many clients its hard to keep up, Pidgin is a great multi protocol messenger that supports plugings and OTR but no web cam, so round and round we go dozens of of messengers and all half baked none really complete and then theres guys like you that offer a great potential and astounding extras  but still its only a single protocol and the world has outgrown one thing.

So realistically its two or 3 messengers installed instead of one plus all the addons like yours and every thing else...

Is it just me thinking this is ridiculous?
10-15-2008 09:13 AM
X3_

O.P. RE: OTR support in Messenger plus
Actually that way of thinking is pretty similar to Microsoft well we already do this why do that?

I thought Messenger Plus Live was about showing MS adn giving the WLM users the experience our way not theire way...

Now with we already have something whic is incompatible BTW as I mentioned does it mean that adding a new one is such a pain in the developers backside? Or is this a close minded users point of view?

This post was edited on 10-22-2008 at 11:26 AM by X3_.
10-22-2008 11:26 AM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
If you don't like how things work why don't you make your own plug-in? or even much better, your own messenger compatible with everything? maybe you could make something better than Microsoft, or Patchou, who was worked in this for many yearse :P
10-22-2008 10:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
I think encryption should be built into plus and the default setting is on :P
No longer here.
10-22-2008 10:17 PM
X3_

O.P. RE: RE: OTR support in Messenger plus
quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
If you don't like how things work why don't you make your own plug-in? or even much better, your own messenger compatible with everything? maybe you could make something better than Microsoft, or Patchou, who was worked in this for many yearse :P

You know if I could code I would do a lot more than that for sure Im just suggesting yet something more powerfull and main stream yet I keep getting this anti implementation of OTR.... you dont work for Microsoft do you? only those guys are that blind to innovation...
10-22-2008 11:06 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I think encryption should be built into plus and the default setting is on :P

And just how would your contact's decode it without Plus!?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-22-2008 11:07 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: OTR support in Messenger plus
quote:
Originally posted by X3_
You know if I could code I would do a lot more than that for sure
Then why don't yo learn to code? It's not that easy right?

quote:
Originally posted by X3_
Im just suggesting yet something more powerfull and main stream yet I keep getting this anti implementation of OTR....
I'm not anti-OTR, it would be great to have it, and have a lot of cool functions, but do you know why Plus! doesn't have them? Because a lot of time is needed to develop them and get something 100% stable, and afaik Patchou won't include third-party software (I may be wrong).

quote:
Originally posted by X3_
you dont work for Microsoft do you? only those guys are that blind to innovation...
Of course I don`t work for MS and I'm not against innovation, but you can't demand to have something when you don't even pay for it
10-22-2008 11:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: