What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skins for WLM 9?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Skins for WLM 9?
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9?
quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule
Some how i don't see Microsoft changing messenger that much that it won't work but i suppose you never know.

Maybe not on the outside, but on the inside everything changes from each major build or new beta. With 9 final you can expect it to change quite a bit on the inside.

Skinners shouldn't avoid 9 until final just because our workaround might disappear. At the very least they should play a bit with the layout to prepare. Because its got a lot of differences as to how we are used to doing things in 8.5.
11-03-2008 03:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Link_of_Hyrule

O.P. RE: Skins for WLM 9?
Well I think somethings internally will change but a lot of the base code for the layout will most likely stay the same unless they decide to drastically change the gui but honestly I don't think it would be hard to figure out a different way to make the skins load if they change how your doing it now theres always a way to directly modify the code it may just be a bit harder then it is not.
11-05-2008 07:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Skins for WLM 9?
I might give it a Smile a Mile, once I finish this mini-skin I have.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6569 days, 8 hours, 21 minutes, 58 seconds ago.

11-06-2008 11:17 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
My SexySkin is close to being updated for the new beta....just got some issues to iron out (if anyone is looking at the beta forum!!)

Click my sig to go to the thread and read more details about the forthcoming update (and it's still not too late to request a woman)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5230 days, 5 hours, 16 minutes, 28 seconds ago
11-06-2008 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
My SexySkin is close to being updated for the new beta....just got some issues to iron out (if anyone is looking at the beta forum!!)

Click my sig to go to the thread and read more details about the forthcoming update (and it's still not too late to request a woman)

lol a link to the beta forum on the public area? Hmm not sure how well that would go down.

Everyone has at least 1 issue with 9. For me Aero won't disable at all so I'm pretty much left stranded until a fix is done. *cough Patchou *cough hurry up *COUGH COUGH :P

I'll be launching Sopair 2.0.0 as soon as Menthix is ready to put it up so yeah that will end this skin drought.
11-06-2008 11:24 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
You have almost finished and I have almost started :S At least I have found the way to move DP's to right :P And you were right Willz, things have changed a lot...
11-07-2008 12:32 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
im hesitant to play around with the 9 beta just yet, while it does bug me ive got no skins for 9.0 at moment i am sorta wanting to wait until 9.0 goes final before i do all the 9.0 compatabilty work as i have so many themes to code the compatability for.
11-08-2008 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: