What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released]Skin wich only provides Options

Pages: (34): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 » Last »
[Released]Skin wich only provides Options
Author: Message:
routergod

Huh?  RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options

hello, i am having trouble to import the Windows Seven pictures theme.  the Avalon Concept 2009 and MLT Default are working fine.
11-14-2009 01:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
routergod

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options
quote:
Originally posted by Chronia
So far I like what I see, but it would be nice to provide some documentation or a help file to explain what all these different options are. For example what in the world is a "toast"? obviously you don't mean the edible kind. I'm still trying to figure out how to apply a background image to the chat window, but choosing from images I have stored on my computer rather than the default ones that come with the skin. I notice there are 4 options to use "My Picture". I assume this means an image I choose from my own pictures, but I can't figure out how to do that. Do I have to save the image I want to use to a different part of my computer? Some where in the skin files perhaps? Can anyone help me with this and explain how that all works?

Alot of the options are self explanatory and the skin itself is great and got rid of most of the things I hate about the new version so far. However not all the options are clear as to what they are so a little documentation would be great.

Edit: Also I just noticed, another option that would be great would be to move the message that lets you know when someone is typing and the time stamp that lets you know when your last message received/sent was to the bottom of the window beneath the emote, wink and other buttons.

Also it seems none of the toasts options are working. I tried changing them to several of the default pictures, changing the font size and colour but nothing changed anywhere that I could see. I thought perhaps if I changed the settings I'd see what a toast was but, when I changed the settings nothing changed so I've no idea what's going on there or if these settings are even working at all.

toasts are the little notification popups by the system tray that happen when someone logs on or off, sends a message, a mail is received, etc

to add your own pictures into the ones available for the current theme to use, click the scripts icon on the main contact list window, it's a little stack of three cubes just left of the Add a Contact icon, you should get a menu of the things each running script provides to do, and in the MLT Add-On should be theme and picture management, thats where you add your own pics to the current theme or load a different theme.

edit to add it realizes to me that the scripts button placement may vary depending on your settings, but hopeful i am that i gave enough information for you to find it.

This post was edited on 11-16-2009 at 05:41 AM by routergod.
11-16-2009 05:33 AM
Chronia

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options
quote:
Originally posted by routergod
to add your own pictures into the ones available for the current theme to use, click the scripts icon on the main contact list window, it's a little stack of three cubes just left of the Add a Contact icon, you should get a menu of the things each running script provides to do, and in the MLT Add-On should be theme and picture management, thats where you add your own pics to the current theme or load a different theme.

edit to add it realizes to me that the scripts button placement may vary depending on your settings, but hopeful i am that i gave enough information for you to find it.

I was able to find the scripts button but am confused from there. When I click the scripts button I only get two options: add exciting new features to messenger and get new scripts. Both of these options take me to the same webpage to download new scripts. There is no option to view which scripts I currently have running with the Avalon skin. Not sure what or where the MLT add on is and saw no option for theme and picture management to add my own pictures.

I only have the messenger plus and the avalon skin installed for messenger add-ons and that's it, do I need to install something else? is the MLT add on something I have to download? or am I just not finding it?

Some more detailed information in finding these locations would be appreciated.
11-18-2009 08:01 PM
Guena

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options
Hi,

I do not support  Avalon any more wich has been replaced by Messenger Live Toolbox. (not yet submitted to the database, I'm waiting for translation).

You can download it there.

The Script MLT Add-On replace Avalon Concept Background Adder with more function. The last one added allow any body to create a simple skin (but not to submit it to the official plus! database).

[Image: addbacken.png]   [Image: skinmakeren.png]

Guéna.

This post was edited on 11-18-2009 at 08:37 PM by Guena.
11-18-2009 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Aki_toy

36 / Male / Flag
Is it possible?

[Image: capturahide.png]
11-21-2009 09:31 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by simmie
I have found a bug... When i hide dots, then copy and past text, then i see stars like this before the first word: *

Can you fix it?
Actually, that is added by Messenger Plus!, and not by the skin, which means it is not a bug (and not removeable)
[Image: Empty.png]
11-28-2009 03:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guena

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options
quote:
Originally posted by simmie
There is a new update of 1 - 17 - 2010
What is new in this version?

nothing you can see
update does not mean new option
01-20-2010 08:54 PM
Sugarfix

I use windows 7, and when I try to disable the ad in the contact list, nothing happens, it just doesn't work for me...?
10-11-2010 03:42 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Skins are not designed to work on WLM 14 or WLM 15.
10-11-2010 03:52 PM
Guena

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options
Update for WLM 15 in progress...

[Image: 2011.jpg]

[Image: 2011-2.jpg]
10-23-2010 03:55 PM
Pages: (34): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »