What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » My sounds and the server won't make friends

My sounds and the server won't make friends
Author: Message:
arqueete

33 / Female / Flag
O.P. My sounds and the server won't make friends
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the technical name for this problem. *-)

For a couple weeks now, sounds have become less and less cooperative. As it stands tonight, I'm pretty sure that:

a) Most of the time, myself and my friends are not able to download sounds we don't already have, at least without trying over and over and over (whether some that "won't download" would eventually is difficult to say).

b) Most sounds in our libraries will not send (again, whether if we kept on trying eventually they would all send is difficult to say -- the ones we classify as "will send" do so in a couple tries if not instantly). To better illustrate this, I have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Esjeg0YfM (No, you don't have to watch the whole thing) It seems pretty arbitrary and also the people I'm talking to currently all agree that it's been getting worse as time goes on.

This is affecting everyone I've talked to, so I think it's safe to say that it's not a problem with myself, and this is also fairly similar to a problem we had a while back.

Thanks in advance :)
11-29-2008 09:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends
This may be a temporary issue, however the sound server seems to be all up and running.
http://sounds.msgplus.net/
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
11-29-2008 02:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheSourcE

31 / Male / Flag
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the technical name for this problem. *-)

For a couple weeks now, sounds have become less and less cooperative. As it stands tonight, I'm pretty sure that:

a) Most of the time, myself and my friends are not able to download sounds we don't already have, at least without trying over and over and over (whether some that "won't download" would eventually is difficult to say).

b) Most sounds in our libraries will not send (again, whether if we kept on trying eventually they would all send is difficult to say -- the ones we classify as "will send" do so in a couple tries if not instantly). To better illustrate this, I have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Esjeg0YfM (No, you don't have to watch the whole thing) It seems pretty arbitrary and also the people I'm talking to currently all agree that it's been getting worse as time goes on.

This is affecting everyone I've talked to, so I think it's safe to say that it's not a problem with myself, and this is also fairly similar to a problem we had a while back.

Thanks in advance :)

You are not the only one. I have this problem too. :(

.png File Attachment: error.png (4.99 KB)
This file has been downloaded 173 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-29-2008 at 04:29 PM by TheSourcE.
11-29-2008 04:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Blinx

same here, broken.
11-30-2008 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Meatloaf

lolwut

30 / Male / Flag
Im having the same problem, since Saturday I haven;t been able to send any sounds due to: 'The sounds server is unavailable, the server may down. Try again later'. I've gone into Library and Updated the sound with the server, and it failed as well.
12-02-2008 12:47 AM
danielk

I haven't been able to do this either. Very rarely does the feature work, and even then, I even get the error while downloading random sounds using the built-in tool. I haven't been able to upload a sound to the server since Saturday... It gives me the "Feature disabled" error message or something.

I started receiving the server maintenance message today.
12-03-2008 02:33 AM
cerberusrider

I have the same problem too
"the custom emotion sounds feature is currently disabled"
anyone have solution???
12-11-2008 02:38 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
It's not something wrong at your end, the server is under maintenance as the message says. Nothing you can do to fix it, just be patient.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-11-2008 02:41 PM
arqueete

33 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends
This problem now appears to be fixed. Many thanks to anyone who may have been involved in that :)
12-14-2008 05:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: