What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Need to claim money back with PayPal

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Need to claim money back with PayPal
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Need to claim money back with PayPal
the last ebay feedback he has is nov 13
haha
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-17-2008 07:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Need to claim money back with PayPal
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
haha
Yeh that was his old account that got banned apparently.
12-17-2008 07:52 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Need to claim money back with PayPal
quote:
you can claim back money with paypal only if you bought it with paypal, its common sense....

don't get your hopes up though, claiming money back is not that simple

He did buy it with paypal. You dont have to have an account to pay with a credit card through paypal. Paypal acts as the third party so you dont have to give your card details to a site or anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
quote:
i think they won't honour it, as that can be easily faked, but it doesn't hurt to try (is that even legal or according to MS's TOS?)
Umm, i dont know. Many people sell them on ebay, wouldnt ebay take it off if it wasnt legal?

You are allowed to sell MS points etc etc on ebay. It was a bad idea you didnt do it through ebay now you are covered by no one. If you did it through ebay you would of had a chance of getting your money back, ebay contacts him, ebay gives a strike against him for not giving you the item. I understand you paid for the item through paypal with a creditcard without actually signing up. Big mistake you should sign up when making payments, because then you can open a non receipt dispute and get paypal to investigate, seller has to provide postage tracking etc.

Even though you did use paypal as the third party to pay for the item, which was good because then you did not have to give your card details to the site, you are not covered under paypals buyer complaint policy :(

Like Nathan said, wait 48 hours, he could be at work or dead! :P

This post was edited on 12-17-2008 at 08:00 PM by Discrate.
12-17-2008 07:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Need to claim money back with PayPal
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
you can claim back money with paypal only if you bought it with paypal, its common sense....

He did buy it with paypal. You dont have to have an account to pay with a credit card through paypal. Paypal acts as the third party.

quote:
quote:
i think they won't honour it, as that can be easily faked, but it doesn't hurt to try (is that even legal or according to MS's TOS?)
Umm, i dont know. Many people sell them on ebay, wouldnt ebay take it off if it wasnt legal?

You are allowed to sell MS points etc etc on ebay. It was a bad idea you didnt do it through ebay now you are covered by no one. If you did it through ebay you would of had a chance of getting your money back, ebay contacts him, ebay gives a strike against him for not giving you the item. I understand you paid for the item through paypal with a creditcard without actually signing up. Big mistake you should sign up when making payments, because then you can open a non receipt dispute and get paypal to investigate, seller has to provide postage tracking etc.

Even though you did use paypal as the third party to pay for the item, which was good because then you did not have to give your card details to the site, you are not covered under paypals buyer complaint policy :(
So theres nothing i can do if he doesnt send me the code as my mum says that it isnt easy to claim money back with a debit card?
12-17-2008 07:59 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
topcatwarrior ( 689 ) Not a registered user
12-17-2008 08:02 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
ebay classified ad which has now been removed from ebay for some reason.
quote:
could i do what MenthiX said and contact microsoft customer support?
Not if you didn't buy from Microsoft like you said. Microsoft has nothing to do with this.

quote:
an ebay classified ad which has now been removed from ebay for some reason.
Probably because other people complained to eBay about not receiving anything in time either.

quote:
I just assumed that as it was an ebay ad, it was going to be reliable.
Never assume anything is safe because it is eBay. eBay doesn't guarantee any form of reliability, it is still a sale directly between you and some random stranger. Always check for recent feedback of the seller, pay extra attention to any negative feedback... someone with 98% positive feedback can still be scamming you... especially if a scammer is using a hacked eBay account (worst case scenario).

I'd do what Nathan suggested and wait some extra time, the seller might just be without internet unexpectedly. If you are indeed being scammed you must wait anyway, to give the seller a reasonable time to respond before you can cancel any transaction.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-17-2008 08:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

He did buy it with paypal. You dont have to have an account to pay with a credit card through paypal. Paypal acts as the third party.

quote:
quote:

So theres nothing i can do if he doesnt send me the code as my mum says that it isnt easy to claim money back with a debit card?

The only thing would be to contact your card company. Ebay advises all members not to do transactions outside. If you had done this through ebay and paypal you would be covered.

Oh and one more thing for the future. It is against ebay and paypals rules to send MS point codes etc over e-mail. A card must be sent to you with it on it. All listings that say will be sent over e-mail generally get deleted. Thats why his classified probs got deleted. Also if it gets sent over e-mail to you, you could scam him by opening a dispute on paypal because he didnt send a card to you and get your money back :P
12-17-2008 08:04 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
haha
Seriously? And you still bought something from him?
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-17-2008 08:17 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
quote:
haha

Yeh, never buy from someone who has previously been banend :P
12-17-2008 08:19 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
quote:
haha

Yeh, never buy from someone who has previously been banend :P
even the first 2 pages (i cba looking any further) on his own privately owned website are people complaining. wonder how many more he has deleted
12-17-2008 08:31 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: