What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » .::Champions League 2009::.

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
.::Champions League 2009::.
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Champions League - Last 16
Villarreal - Arsenal
Man. United - Porto   
Liverpool - Chelsea   
Barcelona - Bayern

Arsenal have been relatively weak all season and have underperformed, hence i dont think they will make it any further.
Manchester United are on a mission to redeem their recent form in the league, they will certainly win.
I am a chelsea fan however, we are performing under-par and liverpool are all guns firing, i think it will be tight but chelsea will lose.
And the final two, i no next to nothing about this year so cant make a decision (Y)
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-01-2009 01:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Champions League - Last 16
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie

Arsenal have been relatively weak all season and have underperformed, hence i dont think they will make it any further.

Arsenal haven't lost in 22 matches (with a number of injurys) and are still continuing their run. The majority have been draws yes, but they aren't losing. Fabregas, Eduardo, Adebayor and Walcott have come back from injury and should play in the match. The only problem Arsenal have is that Arshavin is cup-tied, but even without him I don't see Villareal winning.
They are still in the Champions League and the FA cup.
04-01-2009 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Champions League - Last 16
Arsenal will take Villareal in the second leg so they'd be through.
United, hopefully can pull off what not other English club has done.. if anyone can do it, they can :)
Liverpool, imo are probably going to go out. Sad really. They've been playing well. If Chelsea score even a single goal, its over. The only way I can see Liverpool come back in is scoring early.
Barcelona are already through. Very few teams have squandered a 4-0 lead in the first leg of the knockout of the UCL.

The most interesting match imo now is the United - Porto one. Porto are favourites looking at their record but United just need a single goal shut out to go through. I know they are missing players but if anyone can do it, they can :)

Liverpool have a steep task up ahead and Bayern are out already tbh. Arsenal match is close as well but they should go through.

My SF predictions:
1) Arsenal vs Man. Utd.
2) Liverpool vs Barcelona

Winner of SF 1 will be the "away" team for the finals :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-11-2009 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Champions League - Last 16
After the first leg, I think Chelsea and Man. United are most likely to progress to the final.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
04-30-2009 03:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Champions League - Semi finals
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
After the first leg, I think Chelsea and Man. United are most likely to progress to the final.
I agree with you here, i don't think Chelsea will lose at the bridge, the UCL and FA Cup are our only realistic chances of a trophy this year, so i dont think we will lose it, and i can see us beating United if we reach the final together. Revengeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This post was edited on 05-01-2009 at 04:06 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-30-2009 03:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
RE: .::Champions League 2009::.
I still think Arsenal and Barcelona will go through. Arsenal have played very well at home in the Champions League this year (they haven't conceded a goal). I'm going for a 2-0 win. Barcelona to go through on penalties.
05-01-2009 11:24 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
1) Arsenal vs Man. Utd.
2) Liverpool vs Barcelona
Ok, I got 3/4 correct :P
Now My guess will be Man Utd and Barca. I hope Chelsea win but I don't see it definitely happening. As for the United game, I think it will probably be a dull/exciting 0-0 or at max 0-1 for United :)

The Barca-Chelsea game will be close. Barca will push with their star studded line up and Chelsea will hold them back.. if Chelsea has to win, it would be either a typical Lampard goal, a counter (which is one of Lampard's things as well) or a set piece ('cause that's Barca's weakness) :)
Hopefully Chelsea won't let Barca "play their game" 'cause that can't be good for no one (except Barca) :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
05-02-2009 06:42 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Villarreal - Arsenal
Man. United - Porto   
Liverpool - Chelsea   
Barcelona - Bayern

4/4.....why thank you, lol.

I think United have enough of an upper hand to seal the deal now.  One goal at the Emirates leaves Arsenal needing 3...though on their day, that could easily happen

As for the other game....anything could happen.  I'd like Barcelona to edge it...I'm not a fan of same country finals for a number of reasons
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 5 hours, 46 seconds ago
05-02-2009 08:23 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Villarreal - Arsenal
Man. United - Porto   
Liverpool - Chelsea   
Barcelona - Bayern

4/4.....why thank you, lol.

I think United have enough of an upper hand to seal the deal now.  One goal at the Emirates leaves Arsenal needing 3...though on their day, that could easily happen

As for the other game....anything could happen.  I'd like Barcelona to edge it...I'm not a fan of same country finals for a number of reasons
The last Man Utd. vs Chelsea final was fun :P
I remember an AC Milan vs Inter (or was it Juve) final.. it sucked utter balls cause both of them played defensively and cancelled each other out.. 'twas totally boring (just like the Seria A imo :P)

Last year's finals on the other hand was exciting. EPL has a different kind of game, I agree. Especially if you're used to the (slower?) pace and (flamboyant at times?) style of the SPL. I still think the match was fun despite only 2 goals :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
05-03-2009 12:23 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: .::Champions League 2009::.
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I remember an AC Milan vs Inter (or was it Juve) final.. it sucked utter balls cause both of them played defensively and cancelled each other out.. 'twas totally boring (just like the Seria A imo :P)
It was Milan-Juventus and Milan won the cup with Shevchenko scoring the last penalty and giving Milan a 3-2 win. It was indeed a nasty game.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
05-03-2009 12:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: