What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Live Messenger Public 2009

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Live Messenger Public 2009
Author: Message:
mickelmass

Who is the animal? Tiger or Chinese?

69 / Male / Flag
O.P. Live Messenger Public 2009
HI all

I am new to all this Messenger Plus and skinning stuff and just wanted to know roughly how long does it take for the downloadable skins for Live Messenger 2009 Public, to become available please? I could use some of them earlier when it was 8.5 (or maybe Beta 2009 as was in hospital so can't quite remember)? Was just wondering thats all? Many thanks in advance for any assistance given and cheers for all the hard work with the brilliant skins (that I have used before).
01-03-2009 02:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Live Messenger Public 2009
Skins will probably not be created until Messenger 2009 is final. There are one or two skins for Beta 9.0 but their are not compatible with the RC1 beta. So, expect skins for 9.0 in February. This is not for all the skinners but most have said they will not bother creating skins before 9.0 is final. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-03-2009 03:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Live Messenger Public 2009
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Skins will probably not be created until Messenger 2009 is final. There are one or two skins for Beta 9.0 but their are not compatible with the RC1 beta. So, expect skins for 9.0 in February. This is not for all the skinners but most have said they will not bother creating skins before 9.0 is final. :)

Do not forget that we still have no way of properly manipulating the new layout format yet, and the new RLEs are still mostly unconvertible, and so it may be a while longer. I would expect late February to mid March, at best.
01-04-2009 01:17 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Live Messenger Public 2009
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I would expect late February to mid March, at best.

That's also assuming Patchou comes out of whatever cave hes hiding in. So far there isn't any word on anything being done so yeah. There is also all the new stuff that has to be learnt and all the extra stuff to skin now. Realistically I don't see anything proper being released until at least April if that. I would expect some basic stuff in March maybe, but asides from that you won't see much for a while.

This post was edited on 01-04-2009 at 04:38 AM by Willz.
01-04-2009 04:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(cashix)

i realy think u should get working on tghe skins for 9.0 i just downloaded it
01-05-2009 11:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (cashix)
i realy think u should get working on tghe skins for 9.0 i just downloaded it
do you even read?
01-06-2009 12:19 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
well according a post made by willz yesterday on the designs evolved site messenger plus 4.80 was due to be released sometime today, now i havent seen anything as yet but theres still 5 hours and 25 minutes left of today and because i only heard that today was a release date from willz its essentially 2nd hand information and should be classed as rumor and conjecture for now, i am not saying that willz would make something up however just cause it was accurate when willz was told it dont mean its still accurate now as things always change, so its kinda like a game of chinese whispers 1 person tells someone something then its passed from 1 person to the next and by the time it gets back to the person who started the chain the message dont resemble anything close to what was originally said which is why i will only beleive it once i see it.

anyway once 4.80 is released whenever it comes i will be furiously trying hard to update 365 to be compatable with it, itll probably be february though before 365 is released as 9.0 compatable but we shall see.
01-10-2009 06:41 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Just be patient.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It's just a new beta, nothign to be really excited about (except if you plan on updating your skins with it).

Don't hit refresh too much for now, the new beta won't be put online before another 10 hours :)

This post was edited on 01-12-2009 at 08:28 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-10-2009 07:35 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok Messenger Plus! Live V4.79.353 is now out, ive extracted the new resources and i have read the updated documention but i am unclear on something, in the extracted files under windows there are 3 directories styles, definitions and UIB now i know i have to modify the first 2 to update skins to be compatable with WLM 9.0 RC1 and final but i am unsure if i am also supposed to reference the UIB files in skininfo somewhere.

i understood from documention that whatever changes you make in the style and definition files get encoded into a single UIB file but whether or not a UIB file has to be referenced in SkinInfo isnt clear.

thanks in advance everyone.
01-11-2009 09:33 AM
.AbbeyDawn5x-

40 / Female / Flag
Windows Live Messenger 9 (Build 14.0.8050.1202) is now final.
01-12-2009 08:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: