What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released]My Live Messenger

Pages: (12): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 » Last »
[Released]My Live Messenger
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released]My Live Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSonic
I was worried that the blurs weren't working, then I read your post properly.. xD Something I'd love to see in the next version is like a way to complete remove a background, so when a contact has a scene, it also changes the convo window colour, it doesn't do that with the Default background =/ Great work, I look forward to the next release :D
Next release will feature new simpler and easier to use options panel, with less text and more graphics.
And, of course, the add blurs behind texts. Maybe i'll also separe the "Other windows" from "Contact List".
=)
[Image: Empty.png]
02-15-2009 02:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Released]My Live Messenger
hi blessedguy, i was wondering how you have managed to put backgrounds into your skin.

in 943 you refer to image 4300, in 923 you use image 626 as the top of your background and 625 as the bottom, in 920 its image 1571 however thats only for the area where you type, under the DP's and to just under the formating toolbar that that image covers, the bit above that typing area is another image which i cannot find.

ive looked through other 9.0 skins like yours which reference backgrounds but have no clue as to how there being accomplished, can you help me?
02-20-2009 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Imperial

I thank you for making this skin, it's everything anyone could ever want.

Many things on this skin can be customized, but i don't know much about this deal of skining, so some things require a bit more work before it looks good.

I changed some images, including the background and some other new things that your latest update offers, however, black over a black and blue skin is a bit hard to read.
Is there a possibility or is there a way to change something in a file in the skin to make the text grey or white.

Pic:

[Image: 54832484um4.jpg]

This post was edited on 02-21-2009 at 12:42 AM by Imperial.
02-21-2009 12:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Imperial
I thank you for making this skin, it's everything anyone could ever want.

Many things on this skin can be customized, but i don't know much about this deal of skining, so some things require a bit more work before it looks good.

I changed some images, including the background and some other new things tht your lates update offers, however, black over a black and blue skin is a bit hard to read.
Is there a possibility or is there a way to change something in a file in the skin to make the text grey or white.

Pic:

[Image: 54832484um4.jpg]
You mean, you changed it manually? (Went into skin's folder, and changed images.) That's OK as long as you don't redistribute it, ok? =)

About the text... I'm working on "blur behinds text" for now, so soon you won't have this problem at all, just wait =)
For now, just look for the image "blur.png" in "Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\My Live Messenger\Graphics\Blur" and edit it. If I haven't desactivated the option before release, you will see some changes.
If you just want to change the text colours... well... then it will be a lot harder, you'll need to change every single text rcclr in everysingle style file...
isn't it easier to just wait for the next version? =P
Won't take too long, as Carnival has just started, and ends only next week... (yay! extended weekend! =P)
02-21-2009 12:44 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
blessedguy, i solved this same issue in 365 skin, we had 2 copies of every style file, you would know by what theme was selected whether or not the background was dark or light so each theme refered to either a light or dark version of the appropriate style files, that way dark themes automatically use light coloured text and light themes use dark colured text.

another technique we used to solve this was alpha colours, in 8.5 the backgrounds often sat on top of a single colour layout, you could set that colour to whatever you wanted we used either black or white depending on the background and used alpha transparency so you could see the background through the alpha'ed colour layer, you still need both light and dark versions of the style files in order to pull this off but it does work.

if this colour layer doesnt exist anymore create a single colour image of 700x700 pixels and make it partially transparent, you can refer to it in the light and dark style files and it would be classed as a new image so would be in range of 59xxx, i hope this helps.
02-21-2009 09:12 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Thanks stuart, but I already solved this long time ago (before  v0.4), just didn't implement it.
If you take a look in my style files, there is a new background with almost every font element. That background is an image, that the user will decide to be "White blur", "Translucid white blur" or "None", so that font colours will always be the same. And as most part of the contact list didn't change it's colours when colorizing, choosing yo show blurs will bring back the same reading experience as before...
02-21-2009 12:37 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh i see, how did you do the full backgrounds?
02-21-2009 12:51 PM
Imperial

blessedguy, you can relax as i won't redistribute.

I don't mind waiting for a new version, this last one included this litle aspect and works with the new MSN version, since i had an oportunity to modify it then i did, but the results are not perfect.

but yeah, i can wait for a new version, it's not like i use that menu alot :P

thanks.
02-21-2009 01:17 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
oh i see, how did you do the full backgrounds?
Same way as in 8.5...

quote:
Originally posted by Imperial
blessedguy, you can relax as i won't redistribute.

I don't mind waiting for a new version, this last one included this litle aspect and works with the new MSN version, since i had an oportunity to modify it then i did, but the results are not perfect.

but yeah, i can wait for a new version, it's not like i use that menu alot :P

thanks.

It is working, but is really bugged with Windows XP (titlebar goes pretty ugly...), that's why I didin't release it yet. =)
Just wait and soon you'll have a fully working blur behind each text.

(Oh... and might take a bit more time... my HD just broke. I've lost almost everything, and going to have to buy another one... and as stores will only open again next week... yeah, don't exepect anything for about 10 days =P)
02-21-2009 07:44 PM
EL DIEZ

Sad  RE: [Released]My Live Messenger
would be nice if i can see the IPHONE SKIN ready :) greetz
02-23-2009 02:25 AM
Pages: (12): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version