What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » using firefox as default browser with wml 2009

using firefox as default browser with wml 2009
Author: Message:
steve fozz

O.P. using firefox as default browser with wml 2009
I use firefox as my default browser, messenger 8.5 alway opened hotmail in internet explorer,
since updating to wml 2009 messsenger now opens hotmail in firefox which is a royal pain when using more than one messenger account because you have to keep signing in and out of accounts on firefox.

Does anyone know how i may keep firefox as my default browser but still have wml 2009 messenger open hotmail with internet explorer as it did in messenger 8.5 ?  .

thanks for any ideas,
steve fozz.
01-15-2009 03:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MartinKSmith

RE: using firefox as default browser with wml 2009
Yeah, this is happening to me too. Any suggestions?
01-15-2009 05:34 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
firefox will probably be set as the default browser.

in IE go to tools > programs and at the top, there is a button saying "make default".

clicky clicky ;D

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
01-15-2009 06:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by joey
firefox will probably be set as the default browser.

in IE go to tools > programs and at the top, there is a button saying "make default".

clicky clicky ;D
try reading his post again :p

he wants firefox as default, but not for messenger (like it use to be)
01-15-2009 06:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SideSkroll

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem. I have Opera as my default browser... But I have opened my email in on IE forever and thats the way I like it... Is there a fix to this? Its funny though.. I remember in previous version of WLM everybody complained about the lack of support for other browsers and now, it seems that Microsoft paid attention to those complains and made the leap to support the users default browser... It just shows you that its impossible to please everybody.
Well, back on topic, is there a way to keep IE as my default "mail browser" while keeping Opera as my main browser? I know stuffplug had an option for this (only backwards) that is, the plugin allowed you to hange the default browser for emails... Any help would be greatly appreciated because I freaking hate the lack of support from Microsofts Live mail to other browsers (ie: It opens.. but is full of bugs and whatnot... For example you can't paste a link in a mail youre writing...)

This post was edited on 01-15-2009 at 10:24 PM by SideSkroll.
01-15-2009 10:23 PM
Legseleven

I am also experiencing the same problem but don't want to change my default browser to IE. 

I accept that previously there were complaints to Microsoft about lack of support with other browsers but it seems that instead of adding to the functionality Microsoft have removed the previous way of working and replaced with the new, annoying way.

Why couldn't the previous way of opening email be kept and the new way be added as an option if preferred.
01-20-2009 11:28 PM
steve fozz

O.P. RE: using firefox as default browser with wml 2009
quote:
Originally posted by steve fozz
I use firefox as my default browser, messenger 8.5 alway opened hotmail in internet explorer,
since updating to wml 2009 messsenger now opens hotmail in firefox which is a royal pain when using more than one messenger account because you have to keep signing in and out of accounts on firefox.

Does anyone know how i may keep firefox as my default browser but still have wml 2009 messenger open hotmail with internet explorer as it did in messenger 8.5 ?  .

thanks for any ideas,
steve fozz.

Still looking for a solution to this problem if anyone has any ideas,
thanks Steve
05-16-2009 12:23 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
I may have a workaround for the continuous switching between accounts in firefox.
I'm not sure if it works, as I don't have hotmail or live email addresses.

The idea is as follows:
-Download IEtab for firefox.
-Set it to open hotmail/live mail in IEtab by default.

Now hotmail should be opened in a firefox tab, using IE's rendering engine. So it should be (almost) like it opened in IE.

Please post back here if this worked out for you or not.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
05-16-2009 03:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: