What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Plus 479b menu not showing after update.

Plus 479b menu not showing after update.
Author: Message:
andyo

O.P. Plus 479b menu not showing after update.
I would like to expand on this seeming bug I have come across with 479b.
quote:
Actually in only one Vista x64 installation (already wiped) I somehow managed to lose the Plus! menu item. I don't know if A-Patch had something to do with it, but it hasn't happened in any of the other PCs. I couldn't do anything to get the Plus! menu to appear. Tried reinstalling everything (NOT using A-Patch these times), erasing all registry entries and still, after reinstalling the Plus! menu wouldn't appear. Weird.
So it happened again, in another PC, this time Vista 32. I think I can reproduce it, just installing/updating WLM to 2009, having installed the previous version of Plus. After WLM2009 installation, of course the previous Plus! won't work, but it will still be installed. I installed the new 479b, and it showed only the button, but not the Plus! menu item. I think my mistake was not to uninstall the previous Plus! version before I updated it.

But the real problem is that now no matter what I do (as indicated in the quoted text) I can't seem to bring back the Plus! menu. No uninstalls/reinstalls/registry wiping work. Anyone knows what I can do? I'm thinking it must be a simple registry tweak, to get the menu to show, but I'm in the dark here. By the way, I never installed A-Patch in this Vista 32 computer, just in case.

Thanks. If this is an actual bug, hopefully this helps to get it sorted out in the final 4.80 release.

This post was edited on 01-17-2009 at 07:46 AM by andyo.
01-17-2009 07:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus 479b menu not showing after update.
Did you use that link? http://mirror1.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe
01-25-2009 03:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: