What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
[Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30
Version 1.30 is now live on the scripts database and can be downloaded here.

For the changes see the first post
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes, 48 seconds ago
03-13-2009 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KiwiBloke

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30
Hi, I'm using the new Facebook Status 1.30 plugin, and am having problems with it remembering my settings. Basically, I enter the values for Feed Link, Timer and Remove first xx letters, click Save and Close and all is well - it works nicely, updates my status etc.

But when I next restart WLM, my settings are all lost - the settings GUI is empty again - and it obviously doesn't update my status.

Shouldn't the settings be saved in some kind of file in the same directory as the other XML plugin files? (/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/Facebook Status/). Because I'm not seeing any new file there, or any file that contains my settings. Or are the settings saved in the Registry?

Any ideas how I can make this otherwise-great plugin remember my settings?

Cheers,
Jeremy
03-17-2009 03:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KiwiBloke
Shouldn't the settings be saved in some kind of file in the same directory as the other XML plugin files? (/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/Facebook Status/). Because I'm not seeing any new file there, or any file that contains my settings. Or are the settings saved in the Registry?
They are indeed the registry. I think the code might be a bit buggy cause this has been there since a few versions back. I tried code editing and it fixed it though I'm not sure what I did. I'll look at it again and let djdannyp know of any potential issues I find :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-17-2009 03:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30
Yeah, send me a PM if you manage to figure out what's causing it.....I can't see anything in the code which should cause exiting WLM to do anything silly with the settings
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes, 48 seconds ago
03-17-2009 08:13 PM
for3v3rforgott3n

Hey, I was just wondering, what would happen if you set the delay to 0 mins? Would it never update or would it update A.S.A.P?
[Image: Sigcopywithfor3v3rforgott3n.jpg]
03-18-2009 03:03 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by for3v3rforgott3n
Hey, I was just wondering, what would happen if you set the delay to 0 mins? Would it never update or would it update A.S.A.P?
Since the time is used as the limit for the timer event, I'd say it would break :P
Updating ASAP would mean a lot of needless resources (network/cpu) and getting nothing actually done.
djdannyp: You should add data validation to the options form. Start with the minimum allowable timer to be 1min :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
03-18-2009 04:23 AM
KiwiBloke

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
They are indeed the registry. I think the code might be a bit buggy cause this has been there since a few versions back. I tried code editing and it fixed it though I'm not sure what I did. I'll look at it again and let djdannyp know of any potential issues I find :P

Okay I found where the settings are stored in the Registry. Then I closed WLM and restarted it again. Interestingly, the settings remained in the Registry after WLM had restarted - they weren't deleted or changed or anything. But when I then go back to the Facebook Status settings GUI, the settings are missing there! All the fields there are empty again. But they still remain in the Registry intact.

So it's almost like the script isn't reading the settings from the Registry after it starts up each time. Strange. Any ideas?
03-19-2009 03:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
The thing is stored in the registry. I had this problem. I looked it up and the settings were there. It sometimes didn't read it right.. it sometimes did. I have the new version of the script and I'll go through it once I get time. Currently, I'm just swamped with uni work ;(

quote:
Originally posted by KiwiBloke
So it's almost like the script isn't reading the settings from the Registry after it starts up each time. Strange. Any ideas?
That's the thing. It does. Sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. I (accidentally) fixed it on my laptop. My desktop has the original version of the script which refuses to work from time to time :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
03-19-2009 07:06 PM
Father_Parsley

– / – / Flag
Great work danny!! (Y)
03-20-2009 02:39 PM
P4R4D0x

How do you add stuff after the status update?
Future feature?
03-21-2009 03:20 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: