What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I need Beta Testers...

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
I need Beta Testers...
Author: Message:
Wii

WiiBox

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: I need Beta Testers...
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
Originally posted by Wii
quote:
Originally posted by matty
FYI this wont make it to the script database. Installers are not allowed. I don't see why it is an installer instead of just a PLSC.

Sorry about that but not only Scripts. There is many DLL, EXE and some files, registry entires, downloadable features, language files and etc. (100% Safe) PLSC not enough for this.
why is it not enough, you can have a exe run on install (have a check value when it initializes, this is like a file or reg settings) its not that hard to make it install from a plsc...

Yes i know. I can make a install.exe and this will register & run all necessary exe&dll. But i do not want to use this method. So, thank you.
04-08-2009 11:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: I need Beta Testers...
You are incorrect. You do not need an installer to register the dlls.

In the ScriptInfo.xml inside the PLSC you can have Plus! register dlls upon the scripts install. Your script can start the EXEs as needed. As stated you don't need to install this using an installer. On top of it all you don't need to reboot after installation.

XML code:
<ScriptInfo xmlns="urn:msgplus:scripts" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:msgplus:scripts PlusScripts.xsd">

<Information>
                <Name>Test Script</Name>
                <Description>This script is an example from the documentation.</Description>
        </Information>

<OleFiles>                <FileName>ExtraFuncVB6.dll</FileName>        </OleFiles></ScriptInfo>

Has anyone actually checked if the installer even works as far as registering the script as valid? If it isn't importing via a PLSC I can't see it running properly at times. I wanted to see what it was about so I ran the installer in Sandboxie to be safe.

This post was edited on 04-08-2009 at 01:26 PM by matty.
04-08-2009 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Wii

WiiBox

– / Male / Flag
quote:
You are incorrect. You do not need an installer to register the dlls.

In the ScriptInfo.xml inside the PLSC you can have Plus! register dlls upon the scripts install. Your script can start the EXEs as needed. As stated you don't need to install this using an installer. On top of it all you don't need to reboot after installation.

Hmm, i forgot this feature.

BTW not EXE. ActivexEXE but no matter :D

I think i will create another PLSC for this.

I want to ask something, if i include DLL & EXE files with PLSC, is that allowed for Script Database?

Hmm. i forgot to TLB files but i can easily handle it.

Edit: I'm still thinking for TLB and registry (Because, registry keys must becreated before DLL.) (I need a sweet sleep. Almost working with 3 different project within 20 hours.)

Matty: I'm using custom Script Installation Utility. So, this exe found a valid path of script folder and install my scripts and enable from registry ;)

This post was edited on 04-08-2009 at 01:39 PM by Wii.
04-08-2009 01:24 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Regardless if the PLSC has dlls or exes it is still allowed in the database. An exe installer is not allowed.

Before starting initializing the DLL in the script create the registry entries that are needed.

Yeah manually installing a script is not hard. Hence why you have the restart of the computer for the script to be started. I posted another method of restarting all scripts but since you are going to be using a PLSC you don't need to worry about that.
04-08-2009 02:06 PM
Wii

WiiBox

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Regardless if the PLSC has dlls or exes it is still allowed in the database. An exe installer is not allowed.

Before starting initializing the DLL in the script create the registry entries that are needed.

Yeah manually installing a script is not hard. Hence why you have the restart of the computer for the script to be started. I posted another method of restarting all scripts but since you are going to be using a PLSC you don't need to worry about that.

I tried this method on 4 different PC. Only 1 time i can see 100% success. So, for TLB and system files im using standard EXE installer BUT you give me a another way to do this.

I will create another project for this. A 1 small DLL and 2 script files. This DLL just send a SMS notification to users.

Like: Messenger Bot! Live Basic (Came with PLSC. Like 100 KB)
        Messenger Bot! Live Ultimate (Came with EXE Installer. Like 5,5MB)

Thank you for your helps @Matty, BTW. Anyway. But i must say. There is many registry & TLB & system references on my dll/exe. This is really complex project. Restart may be required on some machines (specially on Windows XP)

I know i can do this with C++ or JScript language but this is clean & simple way. This is 2nd version. Many users reported our script have a register issues (on 1x version of course)/(DLL register). So, EXE/MSI installation acceptable solution for this.

So i will add this mini basic edition to Script Database and another (ultimate) to our website.

By the way, do not need to restart computer for enable/activate/start script. When you install this tool, script will be automatically enabled immediately.(I hope i do not understand wrong because you say "restart computer after installation for activate script)
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

P.S.: My english is not so good. ;)

This post was edited on 04-08-2009 at 04:08 PM by Wii.
04-08-2009 03:38 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wii
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

You don't need to exit messenger...

You can use the SendMessage API to send a message to the MessengerPlusLive_MsgPump window to force it to reload ALL scripts.

This post was edited on 04-08-2009 at 05:14 PM by matty.
04-08-2009 05:13 PM
Wii

WiiBox

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wii
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

You don't need to exit messenger...

You can use the SendMessage API to send a message to the MessengerPlusLive_MsgPump window to force it to reload ALL scripts.

Great way to reload scripts but for my scripts => its not work.

Because, only if user open a messenger program, my dll loaded, unless its not loaded. For example, someone edit my script and save&reload, my dll just stop to working. But when user close all messenger windows and re-open clearly, its work.

(Because im using extra Type Library and pre-requisties for messenger. I need to close and re-open messenger.)

As for as i say this is very complex but clean extension.

But keep me posting because your messages really useful. I will save this messages to my archive ;)

This post was edited on 04-08-2009 at 06:24 PM by Wii.
04-08-2009 06:15 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
If your DLL cannot reload because the script has been reloaded then I hate to say it but it is poorly written. You should be able to start and stop the script without breaking the DLL.
04-08-2009 07:12 PM
Wii

WiiBox

– / Male / Flag
quote:
If your DLL cannot reload because the script has been reloaded then I hate to say it but it is poorly written. You should be able to start and stop the script without breaking the DLL.

This is for security. Not for my personal choice.

For example: Old versions have a reload system and some people change their SMS Credit numbers with Script. They change Email from script and reload! And then re-add their email to script and then again reload! So there it is. 50+50 = 100 SMS. But this time, there is no "email" functions in script. I'm using Messenger Library and special OCX. So, if you reload or save&re-open my script, it just not working. ONLY when you open messenger clearly, its work.

Plus (not msgplus :) +) some people see other contacts extra status without permission. So, i decided to encrypt and remove some functions from script. Script only connection between dll & messenger and of course deliver all incoming/outgoing messages.

If i did this in C++, i do not need to use script already. This is VisualBasic and i must say, VB is not perfect language for this. We can do that everything with every program language but C++ is real deal (Look: MSgPlus is written in C++).

Unfortunately my C++ not so good and i cannot write c++ at this time...

I hope u understand what im saying. This script is great opportunity for using Messenger SMS Notification System and extra statuses or youtube link share/metacafe watcher.

This post was edited on 04-09-2009 at 06:53 AM by Wii.
04-09-2009 06:51 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Based on your logic they have to restart Windows Live Messenger for more credits. I haven't installed the script therefore I am not familiar with this credit system you have but I assume it means you can only receive 50 SMS messages before needing to restart. Why I am not sure.
04-09-2009 01:54 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: