What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I want to join the dark side.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
I want to join the dark side.
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: I want to join the dark side.
get a thinkpad
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-22-2009 12:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
Lenovo ThinkPad
HP Pavilion TX2520
Dell XPS 1330
Dell Studio 17
Dell XPS 1330 is a line which (at least in India) has been killed.
Dell Studio 17 sucks balls imo. They increased the price (99k inr -> 121k inr) and still have the same old sucky config. It was good when it came out but it isn't any more. Also, its a desktop replacement and not really a laptop. I've seen it and trust me, its something you don't want to be carrying around.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1640 and I find its quite good. It does have a few flaws (like it heats up a lot when playing games and is kept on your bed; expected since the gfx card is working over time and not enough ventilation)

I'm always available for a full config and and benchmarks you want to run. I have the P8600 with 4gb ram running WinVista Home Premium x64 with an Intel 5300 Wireless card.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-23-2009 03:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
I was wondering, does anyone know any laptop with the "same" specs as the 2.4ghZ mac (or better), $1600 or less?

I'm still not sure if I want to buy the mac. If I don't get any responses I'll just buy it tomorrow though
I can never understand the reasoning of people who consider Macbook as "just another laptop" and throw it on their list along with Dells and whatnot, to ultimately decide based on specs and/or price. You should make up your mind on whether you want a Mac or not.  If you don't, it shouldn't be on your list.  If you do, it should only be a question of which Apple model you want and all the other things shouldn't be on your list.

Although they are good overall quality laptops and can even run Windows (after jumping through some hoops), that is not what you should buy a Mac for.  Buy one only if you intend to use it properly -- if you want / plan to run OS X.

By the way, I think you would enjoy it.  I like mine.
03-23-2009 04:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: I want to join the dark side.
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
Lenovo ThinkPad
HP Pavilion TX2520
Dell XPS 1330
Dell Studio 17
Dell XPS 1330 is a line which (at least in India) has been killed.
Dell Studio 17 sucks balls imo. They increased the price (99k inr -> 121k inr) and still have the same old sucky config. It was good when it came out but it isn't any more. Also, its a desktop replacement and not really a laptop. I've seen it and trust me, its something you don't want to be carrying around.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1640 and I find its quite good. It does have a few flaws (like it heats up a lot when playing games and is kept on your bed; expected since the gfx card is working over time and not enough ventilation)

I'm always available for a full config and and benchmarks you want to run. I have the P8600 with 4gb ram running WinVista Home Premium x64 with an Intel 5300 Wireless card.

So which one do you reccoment? The one you have? (Sorry I'm in class and can't look now, will update later to tell you what I think :P).

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
quote:
I was wondering, does anyone know any laptop with the "same" specs as the 2.4ghZ mac (or better), $1600 or less?

I'm still not sure if I want to buy the mac. If I don't get any responses I'll just buy it tomorrow though
I can never understand the reasoning of people who consider Macbook as "just another laptop" and throw it on their list along with Dells and whatnot, to ultimately decide based on specs and/or price. You should make up your mind on whether you want a Mac or not.  If you don't, it shouldn't be on your list.  If you do, it should only be a question of which Apple model you want and all the other things shouldn't be on your list.

Although they are good overall quality laptops and can even run Windows (after jumping through some hoops), that is not what you should buy a Mac for.  Buy one only if you intend to use it properly -- if you want / plan to run OS X.

By the way, I think you would enjoy it.  I like mine.

I'm not sure yet. I think I'll decide when I go to the mac store.. hmm.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-23-2009 05:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: I want to join the dark side.
I'm now posting from my brand new mac :p
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-26-2009 05:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
I'm now posting from my brand new mac :p
congrats :)
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
03-26-2009 06:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: