What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
unfortunately the release of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (9.0) has meant that the UI Files are to complicated for myself and Jason to figure out, also Jason lost all his software in an attempt to repair his laptop and i am not very good at graphics work.

therefore we are being forced to advertise for people posessing these required skills to join us at UK Skins United so that we can continue work on the 365 skin, without this much needed help we will no longer be able to make anymore skins.

thanks in advance, if anyone is interested in applying for these positions please either reply to this thread or email us at ukskinsunited@live.co.uk
02-19-2009 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
unfortunately the release of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (9.0) has meant that the UI Files are to complicated for myself and Jason to figure out, also Jason lost all his software in an attempt to repair his laptop and i am not very good at graphics work.
Let me get this straight... You guys can't skin 9, yet you want someone who can skin 9 and can create good graphics to join your group so that your group can have glory?
02-20-2009 01:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
how much you paying ?
02-20-2009 02:04 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
jason has always been our graphics expert until this problem with his laptop, and im the xml expert in that im good at doing the skininfo file, options panel and about box and coming up with new ideas for features and effects.

in 8.5 i primarily did the uifiles myself cause they were relatively simple, remember with 8.5 it was easier to learn these files cause people like willz had taken the time to write tutorials on them and skinning guides but as nobodys done that for 9.0 nor does anyone seem intent on doing so i need someone who is familiure with the new format to help us.

jason may still be able to do some graphics work so right now its more important to find a ui file coder familiure with 9.0. we are not saying we cant skin 9.0 at all just that we are having massive difficulties with the uifiles and without help it could take several years to learn the 9.0 format.
02-20-2009 07:16 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
The format hasn't changed that much.  If you were able to skin 8.5 with relatively little trouble then at least try skinning 9....play around with it, there's only a few differences.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 2 hours, 57 seconds ago
02-20-2009 07:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
they maybe few in number but not in significance, some of the resources i was skinning before there numbers arent there anymore and without a resource bible for 9.0 which willz has already refused to do i have no way of determining where those resources went to.
02-20-2009 07:29 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
quote:
they maybe few in number but not in significance, some of the resources i was skinning before there numbers arent there anymore and without a resource bible for 9.0 which willz has already refused to do i have no way of determining where those resources went to.

Like what for example?

There's more people than Willz who know how to skin :P

Just ask a few questions to help you along the way to get started and then you should be fine from there.

Look here for a full list of which ids are which windows:

mynetx's reply to Definition and Styles Id's
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 2 hours, 57 seconds ago
02-20-2009 08:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [VACANCY's] 9.0 UI File Coder & Graphics Designer
quote:

Well its not that I refused, its more like I don't have the time to do so. Job + personal life + own side projects > documenting.

There's just too much going on in 9 for me to bother, not when I don't get paid for documenting stuff. I can't put that much time into something anymore without it having some kinda benefit career/money/improving skills wise.

Tbh it's really not that hard to find out what resource does what, most of the major ones you can easily spot out.

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
Let me get this straight... You guys can't skin 9, yet you want someone who can skin 9 and can create good graphics to join your group so that your group can have glory?

When I read it the first time it sounded like that. I think the odds of finding someone is pretty low considering that those who are competent enough would have their own skins going on. Probably be better to keep on trying instead of waiting around.

Good Messenger Skinners are a rare breed.

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 08:31 AM by Willz.
02-20-2009 08:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

Like what for example?

There's more people than Willz who know how to skin :P

Just ask a few questions to help you along the way to get started and then you should be fine from there.

Look here for a full list of which ids are which windows:

mynetx's reply to Definition and Styles Id's

basically what i mean is this, below is the definitions i used in 8.5:

949 (not in 9.0)
1004 (not in 9.0)
1009 (not in 9.0)

then i used the following styles:

my problem is not all of these are in 9.0 its not just knowing what windows are what number is knowing the 9.0 numbers in comparison to their 8.5 counterparts so i atleast know which style and definition files to save to my skins directory and search through, thats first and foremost the biggest problem im having with 9.0 once i get past that i will probably be ok again.
02-20-2009 08:45 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Do it the same way we all started skinning, find the image/string you want to edit in the resources, then just try and find a reference to it in a relevant style/definition file. Just because there aren't any 1004s or 1009s etc doesn't mean you can't do it.
[Image: jumbled.png]
02-20-2009 10:57 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: