What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] LTD

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[Release] LTD
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] LTD
Well boys and girls its time for another release. Yes I have been busy all week to bring you guys a new skin design. It has been a while since I have made an original design for Messenger so I figured it was about time.

So the skin is called LTD. Why LTD? Well I was trying to come up with something that would describe what I wanted to do with the skin. LTD stands for "Love This Design", which is kind of what I want to happen. The skin was designed specifically for Messenger 9 so scenes work better than ever. For those wondering, yes dark colors work on this skin unlike Ev0.

So what does this skin have to offer? Well along with the usual settings, LTD has been designed compress down the look of 9 and offer something that is a bit more cleaner and functional. The display pictures have been simplified further and do not take as much space so you can fit more contacts in your list area.

Additionally the chat window has been transformed into a new layout where your text goes from one end of the window to the other. This gives you a lot more room to read and means you can have a shorter window but not sacrifice the reading area. You also have the option to switch back to the default style of chat window if you really want to, the options are all there.

Being the second skin in the designer series, I take great pride in this skin and it has been created with a lot of thought. Check it out even if you don't like white skins, you'll be surprised how quick it grows on you. I would have a darker version, but I found that a lot of the design didn't really work.

One of the other things you will notice is that I haven't bothered to touch Messenger Plus! Live like I did with Phunk'n. The reason is that its simply too tedious to do so and the skin would have been held back at least 2 more weeks if I did so. So I figured I'd rather have the skin released and when MP!L is less tedious to skin then I'll do it.

Anyway enjoy the release people and remember to leave a message either here or on our facebook page.

Peace, Willz.

DOWNLOAD

[Image: LTD_CL.png]
[Image: LTD_CW.png]

Design Evolved Skins on Facebook
02-20-2009 02:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] LTD
Very nice!

Sleek and minimalistic, very nice work (Y)

Keep'em coming ;)

EDIT: [cough] wheres that special registry? [/cough]

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 03:05 PM by Th3rmal.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
02-20-2009 03:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Awww matty is famous!

Looking better more minimalistic :). Not a huge fan of the boarders but I am picky.
02-20-2009 03:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] LTD
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Awww matty is famous!

Looking better more minimalistic :). Not a huge fan of the boarders but I am picky.

Borders were a bit touch and go, I wanted to reduce the space they took up but to do that I had to shrink them down. You get used to them, I was iffy at first but they have grown on me :) This is kinda the first clean skin I've done so hopefully it goes well.
02-20-2009 03:09 PM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
Is there a way to make the online contacts have like a green circle next to them or something? atm its slightly hard to define between online and offline, especially at 2am :P
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
02-20-2009 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] LTD
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Is there a way to make the online contacts have like a green circle next to them or something? atm its slightly hard to define between online and offline, especially at 2am :P

I thought it was kinda obvious, offline is more faded out. But I suppose if there enough complaint over it ill consider it. For now I'll just let it be.
02-20-2009 03:18 PM
Andylongi

53 / Male / Flag
It is nice but i personally prefer the other one i hope one of the next skins will become one with a dark background.
02-20-2009 03:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Why does the gradient looked fucked up Willz?
02-20-2009 04:36 PM
insider

– / Male / Flag
hello, great effort. great job.

but....

I'd like to see big picture of my contact, and  the not mine.
and if. I not distinguish the state of contacoto.es that we are very blind. xd

very good job.
02-20-2009 04:37 PM
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
Congrats again Will, as matty said i´m not too sure about the borders specially the ones of the toast, I love how the scrollbars look and the new chat window layout is very smart.

Offtopic: I rly like dark skins and I think you should give Phunk´n a chance on WLM9, can we expect an update for that one?

Take care

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 05:43 PM by LuckyMe.
02-20-2009 05:43 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: