What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cant hear the wife

Cant hear the wife
Author: Message:
rejo

O.P. Cant hear the wife
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.
At the moment I'm working in the States and want to chat with my wife who is in Holland. Im using messenger live which works fine but the proplem were having is that my wife can here me perfectly but i can only here her if shes almost shouting into the mike on her laptop.
As she's not the most intelligent person (LOL) has anyone got a clue for me to tell her where to start looking or what setting to alter.
The picture is fine on both laptops ,both have built in camera and microphone. I told her to try an old mike/headset but it was still the same problem. Its almost as if the volume wants turning up on my laptop but its at full or the recording level wants turning up at her end.
Any tips or hints would be appreciated.
Cheers.
03-01-2009 12:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Cant hear the wife
well, the volume dial in the conversation window above the microphone icon on her side might be a place to start
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-01-2009 12:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: Cant hear the wife
This is just a recommendation and not necessarily advice to solve your problem -- if your main interest is voice/video chats,  get Skype.  The quality will be far superior to anything you can get from WLM and it usually just works. 

You may also be interested in SkypeOut service, which allows you to call a telephone from your Skype.  SkypeOut isn't free and the rates vary depending on the country you are calling, but are usually in line with cheap international calling cards, Jajah etc. -- about as low as you can get.

03-01-2009 03:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: