What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] SilverGlazz 2009

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[Release] SilverGlazz 2009
Author: Message:
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] SilverGlazz 2009
Heya!

After a lot of time I can finally say I have a versión of SilverGlazz for Messenger 9(14), I´m proud to say this is one of the 10 most downloaded skins ever and that´s a powerful reason to make SilverGlazz even better.

But what´s new in the skin?... well basically it has been graphically redesigned, has a new option panel, new fonts to choose... well the main thing is that it is now fully working on Messenger 9 :)

In a personal note I want to say thanks to Willz who helped me out when code was too tricky for my knowledge, to felipEx for reporting some bugs and give some ideas and of course to Patchou and his team specially for the tablet I won a few months ago, also to Messenger Plus! Spanish community. So this work is dedicated to all of them :) and I hope you guys have lots of fun with the skin.

Here is a screenie so you can see for your own, download links is just ahead:

[Image: 2ujjdp1.png]

DOWNLOAD

This post was edited on 03-05-2009 at 09:31 PM by LuckyMe.
03-05-2009 09:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009
Finally..lol

Looks great.

Congrats.

:D
03-05-2009 09:38 PM
Andylongi

53 / Male / Flag
Wonderful to have it back it was always one of my favorite skins thanks for updating it! (Y)
03-05-2009 09:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009
quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Wonderful to have it back it was always one of my favorite skins thanks for updating it! (Y)

You´re welcome, I´m glad u guys like it :D
03-06-2009 06:32 PM
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
Looks good, but I kind of believe the concept of the skin is inspired off Batman: The DarKnight, by Willz? I mean, look at the bottom of the contact list, (could be inverted colours of Willz's skin's bottom part). Moreover, the background used looks quite similar to Willz's own. Still this is such a great skin, and I believe that you have put great effort into it. Good job. (Y)

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-06-2009 06:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
If I have to compare both skins I would say maybe the logon window background is the only part where they look similar, of course Willz´s designs have always inspired my work and Batman is one of my favourite skins ever but I still think they are too different, maybe at the beggining I was thinking about making a dark skin like Batman or Oil Slick but someway somehow this became something different, however the skin is made from scratch just if anyone thinks something else :P.

Aniway thanks for ur comment :D

This post was edited on 03-06-2009 at 08:17 PM by LuckyMe.
03-06-2009 08:16 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Nice skin!
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-06-2009 09:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SpiritSharD

Hey,

Just downloaded the skin. Must say, it's really good! :D

I'm having one small problem though, which I hope you may be able to help me with. Basically, on the site where I downloaded the skin from, it said that I can change the colour. On your screenshot, the login screen, chat window and contacts list are blue. But mine is red/black.

I was wondering HOW I go about changing it so it's just black, as I only really like black skins (suits my desktop picture and internet browser colours).

So yeah, if you could tell me how, that would be great.

(And just incase I don't visit these forums again, could you please email your reply to kirkwood93@live.co.uk)
03-07-2009 10:52 AM
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritSharD
Hey,

Just downloaded the skin. Must say, it's really good! :D

I'm having one small problem though, which I hope you may be able to help me with. Basically, on the site where I downloaded the skin from, it said that I can change the colour. On your screenshot, the login screen, chat window and contacts list are blue. But mine is red/black.

I was wondering HOW I go about changing it so it's just black, as I only really like black skins (suits my desktop picture and internet browser colours).

So yeah, if you could tell me how, that would be great.

(And just incase I don't visit these forums again, could you please email your reply to kirkwood93@live.co.uk)

Well I´m glad u like the skin but i´m afraid there´s a problem with colorization on Messenger 9 I mean, in the previous version you can use any color u want but when in messenger 9 not all them work properly, specially dark colors, so I think that´s messenger fault and there´s nothing we can do about that, perhaps someone from MPlus! can give a better explanation for that I think :P

03-07-2009 05:46 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
I think it's like if you set colorization to black and the background is blue, you will get a nice red background :P

This post was edited on 03-07-2009 at 09:25 PM by robert_dll.
03-07-2009 09:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: