What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Sign-in problem, no error code.

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Sign-in problem, no error code.
Author: Message:
Nofew

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Sign-in problem, no error code.
I can't sign into any account with the new messenger. Up until now I have been using 8.5 since 9.0 didn't work for me. Msn just sent me a toast saying I should update which worries me since I can't sign in. If Microsoft forces us to upgrade to 9.0 I won't be able to do much besides stare at two people spinning.

Whenever I try to sign into any of my accounts from any computer in my home the same thing always happens: I click sign in, the people spin and after about ten seconds they stop and it asks me for my email and password again. There is no error message, no hang, nothing. I know there's one other person with the same exact problem as me which makes me feel a bit better since somebody else here might have experience with this issue. I've tried signing into msn from comptuers running XP SP2, SP3, Vista SP0, SP1 and Win7. I have also tried signing into multiple accounts. No combination of the operating systems or seven+ accounts work and I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this. I've completely disabled firewalls, freshly installed operating systems onto virtual PC's and had the hosts connect directly to the modem (bypassing the router) and searched many other forums but to no avail. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
03-13-2009 11:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
RE: Sign-in problem, no error code.
Why don't you upgrade to 9.0? If you have upgraded, sorry then, because I don't really understand the first paragraph.
03-13-2009 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nofew

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sign-in problem, no error code.
9.0 is what doesn't work for me. I have 8.5 now and 8.5 works great. I want to upgrade but the inability to sign into my account kind of defeats the purpose.
03-13-2009 12:27 PM
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
Repair Windows Live Messenger

1. In the notification area on the taskbar (near the clock), click the Messenger icon, and then click Exit.
2. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
4. Under Currently installed programs, click Windows Live Messenger, and then click Change.
5. Click Repair.
03-13-2009 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nofew

– / Male / Flag
I've tried that already multiple times. As I said in my first post, it doesn't even work when I install a new operating system onto a virtual PC and install Messenger fresh from download.live.com. How would repairing it work if it doesn't work out of the box (so to speak) in the first place?
03-13-2009 12:39 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
Uninstall Windows Live Messenger through Add/Remove Programs. Run ZapMessenger to remove all Windows Live Messenger Traces and then delete the whole Windows Live folder from "C:\Program Files". Finally, install the latest Windows Live Messenger from here. Hopefully that helps.
03-13-2009 01:42 PM
Nofew

– / Male / Flag
Again, how would it help if Messenger was never installed in the first place? Do I need to provide better examples of what I'm doing, EG a live video over VNC?
03-13-2009 02:47 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Sign-in problem, no error code.
quote:
Originally posted by Nofew
Again, how would it help if Messenger was never installed in the first place? Do I need to provide better examples of what I'm doing, EG a live video over VNC?
What do you mean by "never installed"? I thought you had a problem logging into Messenger.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read the last part.

This post was edited on 03-13-2009 at 03:58 PM by Moh.
03-13-2009 03:07 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
What do you mean by "never installed"? I thought you had a problem logging into Messenger.
He's tried installing it on a clean OS, freshly installed, therefore there's no old versions hanging around to break a new install, so using Zap Messenger or any other rubbish isn't going to help...
[Image: jumbled.png]
03-13-2009 03:42 PM
Nofew

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Sign-in problem, no error code.
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
He's tried installing it on a clean OS, freshly installed, therefore there's no old versions hanging around to break a new install, so using Zap Messenger or any other rubbish isn't going to help...

Finally, someone understands! Am I talking to the wrong people or am I saying things incorrectly? People seem to be having a hard time interpreting what I'm saying.
03-13-2009 03:49 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: