What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
Author: Message:
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
hi

i find something really buggy in WLM 2009

and that's when i send a photo to some one who has got WLM 2009 to

it automatically opens the photo-sharing.. and if he accept the photo or he wants to save it into his pc   i cant see that  and i cant cancel that..

the port remains open i guess some hacker can hack into it..

but that's not the point

the point is  i cant cancel the photo or close it   

or close the photo-sharing Future

we want this bug to be fixed :)

This post was edited on 03-17-2009 at 01:34 PM by kabso 5.
03-17-2009 01:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
It isn't a bug =P
Photoshare is meant to share, so if you want to send them the old way, just use Files > Send single file...
[Image: Empty.png]
03-17-2009 05:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
i see..

but why the photo-sharing is the Default Choice if we paste a picture

it will automatically open the photo-sharing 

i want to disable this future to make it easy to share with other people who got low Internet connection

because in this way the picture will automatically go to the temp and then he can accept it  but still i cant see if he did or not.. that's annoying

i hope in the future the will fix it.. most of us don't want the photo-sharing is the Default future to send a photo the fast way

can plus fix this ?
03-17-2009 10:39 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
i see..

but why the photo-sharing is the Default Choice if we paste a picture

it will automatically open the photo-sharing 

i want to disable this future to make it easy to share with other people who got low Internet connection

because in this way the picture will automatically go to the temp and then he can accept it  but still i cant see if he did or not.. that's annoying

i hope in the future the will fix it.. most of us don't want the photo-sharing is the Default future to send a photo the fast way

can plus fix this ?

The next version of Messenger Plus! Live is set to include an option to turn off photo-sharing for images pasted into conversations.

In the mean time you can still send pictures the old way, just click "files" then "send a file or photo" and you can send it normally

photosharing only activates when you drop or paste a picture into conversation

it's nothing to be fixed though and it's certainly not a bug, it's intended behaviour
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes, 14 seconds ago
03-17-2009 10:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
There is no difference in bandwidth usage between photosharing and regular file sending.

Also note that you can disable the automatic acceptance of photo-sharing:
Go to the Messenger options panel (menu Extra > Options) then Messages > Automatically accept invites for photo-sharing.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2009 11:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is no difference in bandwidth usage between photosharing and regular file sending.
Actually, photosharing (probably) uses much less bandwidth compared to sending the picture via the traditional way because of the very low quality and resolution used :P
However, if the other contact decides to save a picture, that's another thing...
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
03-17-2009 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Actually, photosharing (probably) uses much less bandwidth compared to sending the picture via the traditional way because of the very low quality and resolution used :P
However, if the other contact decides to save a picture, that's another thing...
It actually depends on how you look at it and use it.

If it is just for previewing a whole bunch of pics then absolutely yes, it uses even less bandwidth because only a small resolution file will be send each time (not tested though, so at least I hope it only sends a small preview instead of the whole file).

But if you look at it from the POV of real photo sharing (aka sending the original resolution), then it actually uses a bit more since the preview (which needs to be send too of course) is bigger than the preview of the regular file sending.

This post was edited on 03-17-2009 at 11:58 PM by CookieRevised.
03-17-2009 11:56 PM
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bug in WLM 2009 PhotoSharing
But if you look at it from the POV of real photo sharing (aka sending the original resolution), then it actually uses a bit more since the preview (which needs to be send too of course) is bigger than the preview of the regular file sending.

---

that's what i meant.

---

The next version of Messenger Plus! Live is set to include an option to turn off photo-sharing for images pasted into conversations.

i hope the Drag and drop will work into it as well because sometime we use it to recover the speed of sending one or more pic in a time

--

well i guess its a bug because i accidentally drop a private picture by mistake.. and i cant cancel it and  i cant make sure that the other user that i accidentally drop the photo into his Conversation got this pic or not..

before opening the photo-sharing a pop up message should come. are you sure that you want to share this pic with this contact.

the MSN TEAM should work on this one. for having a privacy

or what do you think

and sorry for my bad english..^_^

This post was edited on 03-18-2009 at 02:11 AM by kabso 5.
03-18-2009 02:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Simply press the X in the right upper corner to stop photosharing. The other party wont be able to save the picture either if you cancelled the sharing (they just will see the preview).

quote:

or what do you think

As for privacy, yes it can be an invasion of privacy if you accidently dropped a photo of you naked onto a conversation window. But the chance of accidently dropping a photo is slim IMHO and isn't really an issue of WLM. If you think you might accidently drop a photo on the wrong conversation, then simply close the other conversation first or use the menu to select (multiple) photos. I mean, it is not like you can not prevent this stuff from happening.

This post was edited on 03-18-2009 at 08:06 AM by CookieRevised.
03-18-2009 08:01 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Simply press the X in the right upper corner to stop photosharing. The other party wont be able to save the picture either if you cancelled the sharing (they just will see the preview).

quote:

or what do you think

As for privacy, yes it can be an invasion of privacy if you accidently dropped a photo of you naked onto a conversation window. But the chance of accidently dropping a photo is slim IMHO and isn't really an issue of WLM. If you think you might accidently drop a photo on the wrong conversation, then simply close the other conversation first or use the menu to select (multiple) photos. I mean, it is not like you can not prevent this stuff from happening.

Correct, the privacy is no more an issue with this than with being able to send IMs.....dragging a photo into the wrong conversation is the same as typing and sending to the wrong conversation.....we've all done it and it's largely no harm done!
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes, 14 seconds ago
03-18-2009 08:43 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: