What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 8.5 Font problem

WLM 8.5 Font problem
Author: Message:
Phazeus

O.P. WLM 8.5 Font problem
I am currently using Windows 7 beta and WLM 8.5 latest version.

When I try to edit the font on my messages to Lucida Calligraphy or Lucida Handwriting, I only get the Italics and Italics Bold font styles, and I don't get the Regular and Bold font styles. However, both these fonts work perfectly fine in Office Word 2007 and I can get them in the Regular font style. Does anyone know the reason why WLM does not allow me to use Lucida Calligraphy in the Regular font style?
03-20-2009 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: WLM 8.5 Font problem
It could be an issue with the font-reader in WLM, some pieces of software can't read certain filetypes, and the regular/bold font styles may be using a different style. Otherwise, you may only be reading one version of the font. But this is a very difficult one, have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the software?
03-22-2009 12:15 PM
Phazeus

O.P. RE: WLM 8.5 Font problem
Which software do you recommend uninstalling and reinstalling? I've reinstalled WLM8.5 multiple times, and also reinstalled LCALLIG.TTF, but the problem persists.

However, strangely, it had worked before. It is definitely working now on my XP partition, and worked on my previous Windows 7 before i reformatted the computer.
03-22-2009 05:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: