What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Boost character limit even further script?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Boost character limit even further script?
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Boost character limit even further script?
Hey

Would it be possible to boost character limit even further than the limatation removed in Plus! ? From what I understand, it would become unstable (sending messages) but I think a few extra hundred (and of course under our own consequences) wouldnt hurt.
03-27-2009 07:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
6969willwill

RE: Boost character limit even further script?
i dont think there is a script that could do that... but it could be done in the next release of msg plus. i dont think it will be done though. i personally would love it if the character limit was boosted to 5000 like in sutffplug.
03-27-2009 10:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Would it be possible to boost character limit even further than the limatation removed in Plus! ? From what I understand, it would become unstable (sending messages) but I think a few extra hundred (and of course under our own consequences) wouldnt hurt.
Uumm... large amounts of text are sent as text files now. There is no point. Also, remember this and this?
03-28-2009 03:48 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Boost character limit even further script?
quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
quote:
Uumm... large amounts of text are sent as text files now.

I was not aware of this protocol change. When did it happen?

Holy memories, didnt remember I already requested this/talked about this.
The NudgesToolsScript also "abuses" the system but it has its good purposes as well. I personally plan on using this to send conversations I have with other contacts to other contacts. It is stupid to open up Word, copy/paste, save, and send it to my other contact, which we are hoping has Word. I think extending the limit should be under the responsibility of the user sending the message if it arrives or not (talking about if this feature is stable or not)

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 05:36 PM by riahc4.
03-29-2009 05:35 PM
davidpolitis

RE: RE: Boost character limit even further script?
quote:
The NudgesToolsScript also "abuses" the system but it has its good purposes as well.
That is different. Removing the nudge delay is not abusing servers and there is no instability. The smallest amount of data would need to be sent to your contact to tell their client that a nudge has been sent...

quote:
It is stupid to open up Word, copy/paste, save, and send it to my other contact, which we are hoping has Word.
Why would you use a Word document instead of just a simple text file written in notepad?
Also:
quote:

This post was edited on 03-30-2009 at 05:31 AM by davidpolitis.
03-30-2009 05:28 AM
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
Text exceeding X characters will be automatically sent as a .txt file to your contact. This does not require your contact to have any third-party programs installed, as Notepad is already available in Windows. This has been implemented by Messenger Plus! and has nothing to do with how Messenger's protocol works on the server.

Moreover, Microsoft Word is used by millions of users, so don't you worry, the majority has it, and they're not stupid/ignorant enough, for them not to know how to use it. ;)

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-30-2009 05:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: RE: Boost character limit even further script?
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
Moreover, Microsoft Word is used by millions of users, so don't you worry, the majority has it, and they're not stupid/ignorant enough, for them not to know how to use it. ;)
Those who don't use Microsoft Office usually use some alternative which can deal with popular formats. OpenOffice is an example.
03-30-2009 06:02 AM
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
Those who don't use Microsoft Office usually use some alternative which can deal with popular formats. OpenOffice is an example.
This is true, and OpenOffice deals with .doc file formats, so... :P

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-30-2009 06:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Boost character limit even further script?
quote:
quote:
The NudgesToolsScript also "abuses" the system but it has its good purposes as well.
That is different. Removing the nudge delay is not abusing servers and there is no instability. The smallest amount of data would need to be sent to your contact to tell their client that a nudge has been sent...

quote:
It is stupid to open up Word, copy/paste, save, and send it to my other contact, which we are hoping has Word.
Why would you use a Word document instead of just a simple text file written in notepad?
Also:
quote:

Notepad doesnt support formatting.
And again, I wasnt aware that large amounts of texts are sent in .txt ......Its kinda dumb IMO but I guess Itll do...
03-30-2009 08:33 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
......Its kinda dumb IMO but I guess Itll do...
????

Yeah, solving the  problem of the character limit with a solution that has no limitations for any user is so dumb. You are the dumb one.
[Image: jumbled.png]
03-30-2009 08:53 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: