What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone

Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone
Author: Message:
messengernewbie

O.P. Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone
So it appears i might be catching someone in a lie. Im just looking for the truth.
This person is saying they are not able to get to a computer/internet to use msn messenger or email.
I have blocked this person on msn messenger, so they dont see me online. And Im seeing this person appearing online a couple times a day. Do they have to get to a computer and have internet connection for this to happen, or is there any possibility they could show up online via a cell phone somehow using msn/windows instant messenger through that??????

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, WHAT THE INTERNET HAS DONE FOR TRUST NOWADAYS :)

Any experienced knowledge could save me a lot of time and trouble.
thanks
04-11-2009 12:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone
Apart from a PC you can also email and sign in to Messenger from a mobile phone / PDA / Xbox / Laptop / Mac :p / Someone else's PC.

In all cases you will need some type of internet connection, but you can get that in various way apart from just your ISP at home (mobile phone provider / Public access points / Work / School / Friends / etc. / etc.).

Just talk to the person when you see him/her online. If they don't reply they just don't want to talk to you and you should probably just get over that.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-11-2009 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
messengernewbie

O.P. RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone
Thanks menthix, yeah its a girl who's in Panama saying she is in the jungle for a couple days and has no access to computer or internet. says she can sometimes get cell service. but anyways it sounds like i shouldnt waste my time. 
04-11-2009 01:11 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone
There is another possibility BTW: She could have checked the "remember my password" and "automatically sign-in..." option at her home computer or somewhere else. When other people use that PC her name pops up while she's not actually there.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-11-2009 01:23 AM
messengernewbie

O.P. RE: RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell ph
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
There is another possibility BTW: She could have checked the "remember my password" and "automatically sign-in..." option at her home computer or somewhere else. When other people use that PC her name pops up while she's not actually there.
Ahhhhhhh, good point.  Thanks a lot Menthix
04-11-2009 01:34 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
How about instead of blocking her and being all suspicious, simply unblock her and go all "oh hey wow what are you doing online so great to see you" when she logs on? :dodgy:
[Image: signature.php]
04-11-2009 06:10 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: