What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.

Pages: (14): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.
Author: Message:
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.
quote:
Originally posted by Merter
@Lucky: Fantastic skin, loving it!

Has anyone found a good resolution to displaying text when using the black background in chat windows?

For example, when I set it to the black background, both my text and my contacts text is black, I can change my text to white, but then I have to send white text and I have very unhappy contacts.

Is there anyway to keep sending black text to contacts, yet force both mine and their text to white/light grey in my chat window?

Any help appreciated, for now I'm using the white background at 50% opacity but it doesnt look half as good.

Many thanks,

Merter

Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning. In fact the option to choose between two background colors and set their opacity, was an attempt to have different Background/Textcolor combinations. However right now we skinners have no control over these elements in chat window, wich means it´s not possible for now :( really sorry.

The only thing I guess you can do is set the color to something different like blue or red, that can not be an option to certain people but ohhwell :P

quote:
Originally posted by blabal
I updated to version 4.82 of Messenger Plus! today, which brought that yellow icon signifying the forthcoming Messenger Plus! contest that kinda interests me. The problem is, later I installed the Stealth skin, and this yellow icon disappeared from the bar... Is there any way to bring it back? I'm only asking because that little icon would help me not forget about the contest, and keep my eye on it. I know there's also a button in the Plus! menu, "Play and Win!...", but that's no help for me remembering to check if something is new with the contest.
I could just place a note somewhere about the contest for myself and that's that :D but this might be useful for other users too.
Thanks.

Yay u right, I´ve submitted version 1.01 to DB, it fixes some minor bugs and also makes the contest button available again (Thanks to Willz for the id :P) of course this is not a big update, I´m planning to add more features in the future but that might take a little while, so stay tunned yeah ;)

The new versión is on Menthix hands, in the meanwhile you can get it from:

HERE

Cheers
07-12-2009 04:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyMe
Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning.
Have you tried to add a white shadow behind the text? It works with history chat, as far as I know. ;)
[Image: Empty.png]
07-12-2009 12:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyMe
Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning.
Have you tried to add a white shadow behind the text? It works with history chat, as far as I know. ;)

Yes, that can be useful indeed, but how can it be done exactly, any extra info would be great :)
07-13-2009 04:37 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Just add
code:
AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))
to the history elements in the 920 definition, I really don't know exactly which one will work. But anyways, an example:

code:
<element layoutpos=top id=atom(convhistorymimic) layout=FillLayout() padding=Rect(0,0,rcint("msgr",20690),0) AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))>
07-13-2009 01:41 PM
smsr

LuckyMe, man, this is the best WLM2009 theme i have ever seen, thank you very much for this work... but i wanna ask you something:

why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme? for example on the default WLM2009 theme, i can make my messenger window very smaller, but on your theme, i cant do it :(

thanks a lot, and sorry for my awful english...
07-13-2009 05:15 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by smsr
why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme?
Because his skin defines size limits, so that the mask/shape doesn't go crazy.
I haven't yet downloaded it, so I thought it could be that, but then he said it isn't.... So I've got no ideas of what it could be

This post was edited on 07-16-2009 at 05:43 PM by blessedguy.
07-13-2009 05:49 PM
jasperav

Its to dark for me... how can you change the colour?
you said it can :(

i go to the upperright, and i select a colour, its still the same dark :(
07-14-2009 03:23 PM
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by smsr
why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme?
Because his skin defines size limits, so that the mask/shape doesn't go crazy.

Mmm, are you guys sure about that?

In fact, the size is not restricted in any way through the skininfo, here take a look:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2yoa9vo.png
http://i26.tinypic.com/2j5kq8.png

this is bit weird though, but as far as I know the resize arrows are right there, I wonder if that has to do something with the OS or something ^o)

quote:
Originally posted by jasperav
Its to dark for me... how can you change the colour?
you said it can :(

i go to the upperright, and i select a colour, its still the same dark :(

Yes it´s easy, please open the option panel from the button with a checkmark in the contact list toolbar and when you get to this window:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4r57kj.png

Go to the "Main style"options and select the Color mode, restart your messenger and you´ll get a blue theme, that color can be easily changed from the scene selector window (the same way you said before).

Hope that helps ;)
07-14-2009 04:33 PM
foxace

Why not change messenger window size freely on your theme

My os Win7 x64

.jpg File Attachment: 2009-07-16_193305.jpg (33.51 KB)
This file has been downloaded 157 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-16-2009 at 05:41 PM by foxace.
07-16-2009 05:40 PM
coolbhau

Hey...i am trying to change my skin option but i am not able to know what option i am changing. i had this skin before and i could see the option menu perfectly. but after reformatting my pc i installed this skin again and not i cant see the option menu at all. could u pls help me with this..

this is the image i am getting[img]
http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7sccx.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7sccx.jpg

pls help
07-17-2009 05:05 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites