What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more
Author: Message:
landermash

O.P. RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more
so u deleted the value ? not everyone no's how to edit the registry
04-20-2009 05:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot mor
quote:
Originally posted by landermash
so u deleted the value ? not everyone no's how to edit the registry
.........the key has never existed at all!
It WAS POSSIBLE to enable the ddebug mode when Messenger was BETA.
There is no need to download any .reg file. Plus! does all the work for you, and ALL skins work perfectly.

Update: Read the whole thread, wich is not that big:
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
@ DarkGoth: If you are using the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC (a.k.a. version 14.0 - not the Beta), then you can't do anything with the downloaded file.

It's a registry file which adds the DUIDebug value in order to make Messenger Beta load the old layout files. This registry value however no longer has any effect on the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC version. There's no way to make the new version load those old layout files, simply because that registry value was used for debugging and because those old layout files are most likely already removed from the RC.

Since we can no longer use the old style of changing the layouts of Messenger through XML (UIFILE), we have to wait for the new layout format to be reverse-engineered, documented and implemented in Plus! until we can make skins for this new Messenger version. This is also the reason why Plus! is currently only partially compatible with this version: it loads and hooks into Messenger, but it can't modify the windows to add buttons such as  the Plus! button and text formatting tools.

For the time being, either downgrade to version 8.5 or version 9.0 Beta in order to use Plus!, or simply stay with the new version and wait patiently... :)

This post was edited on 04-20-2009 at 05:38 PM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
04-20-2009 05:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
landermash

O.P. RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more
it works perfect on mine in that post u put up it says its not valid anymore well it is quite ov because im using it right now
04-20-2009 05:48 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more
quote:
it works perfect on mine in that post u put up it says its not valid anymore well it is quite ov because im using it right now
Ok. I won't do anything. If you still want to think it won't work without that .reg file, fine. But don't make other people think it is needed because it is not.
04-20-2009 05:54 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot more
What version of WLM and what is the download site?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-20-2009 05:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
landermash

what do u mean what version mine is wlm 9 the latest one direct from microsoft and im not making anyone do anything i was trying to help some people dont no how to do it if this is what u get for helping thats what i hate about forums  someone with abit of rep and a few posts behind them has to no everything
04-20-2009 06:47 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: change dp's to right side of contact window on wlm 9 final build 14 also alot mor
quote:
what do u you mean what version mine is is my wlm WLM? 9.0; the latest one direct from mMicrosoft and im I'm not making anyone do anything i I was trying to help some people dont no learn how to do it. if If this is what u you get for helping thats what i I  hate about forums, someone with a bit of rep and a few posts behind them has to no know everything

:p

Don't think I'm asking questions because I have rep and some posts. I'd do it if I was a nub as well.

As far as I'm concerned the megaupload link was waving a red flag as you are a new member. Then, you proceed to insist that you need a RegHack to use the skins you've "provided", which you don't (as all forum regulars know).

Before trying to help other people, ask if help is already provided and, if it is, think of alternate ways you can help. Simple
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-20-2009 07:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
landermash

sorry for all the cofusion all i meant really was it worked for me
04-20-2009 07:06 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
i was trying to help some people dont no how to do it if this is what u get for helping thats what i hate about forums  someone with abit of rep and a few posts behind them has to no everything
I know you were trying to help, but you can't post something wich is incorrect and let it go.
But here, take a look:
quote:
and how is DUIDebug removed from 9.0 build 14 i have tried and test it on the lastest wlm 9.0 build 14 heres a screenhttp://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6677/wlm90.jpg
This information is completely wrong.

quote:
if i fresh install wlm 9.0 with a fresh install of msgplus  latest version i cannot change the dp position it does not have that feature so i download skins they are either crap or they move the dp's but the skin is horrible the only way i can get it to work is use the reg entry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DUIDebug]
"Binary"=dword:00000000
then i can change the dp position otherwise its a no go so how would u do it then change the dp without a horrible skin ??? that skin i posted up does not modify the look in any way unless u tell it to
This registry entry just won't do anything. It's like adding
XML code:
<--! a comment -->

in a .xml file.
So, what would be the difference between with and without that entry? None. Then skins work the same way in both cases. wich makes your post again completely wrong.

quote:
Same as above.

quote:
if i fresh install wlm 9.0 with a fresh install of msgplus  latest version i cannot change the dp position it does not have that feature so i download skins they are either crap or they move the dp's but the skin is horrible the only way i can get it to work is use the reg entry
[...]
then i can change the dp position otherwise its a no go so how would u do it then change the dp without a horrible skin ??? that skin i posted up does not modify the look in any way unless u tell it to
First, about the italics part: Gučna's skin is a normal .plsk file. It sure works without your "workaround".
Second, about the underlined parts: Speaking (or typing, in this case) is easy, but I want you see how good can you make it by yourself. Don't like the skins? Suggest what you think would make them better. Still hate them? No problems. But you don't need to go and call people who made those skin's "people who only want to make skins for themselves".

quote:
i put this on here because all the skins i could find were customized to how the people that made them wanted them

It's true. Partially, but true. Why would someone do something they dislike? By the way, you pay them? I'm sure you don't. They all do it for free, and they really do what they want to, still in the way they think people will like the most. Calling them "selfish people" hurts, didn't you know? If you dislike those that much, why don't you make your own skins? Then come here to criticise other people.

And as Spunky said while I was typing all this:
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Don't think I'm asking questions because I have rep and some posts. I'd do it if I was a nub as well.

As far as I'm concerned the megaupload link was waving a red flag as you are a new member. Then, you proceed to insist that you need a RegHack to use the skins you've "provided", which you don't (as all forum regulars know).

Before trying to help other people, ask if help is already provided and, if it is, think of alternate ways you can help. Simple

And, to complete,
quote:
sorry for all the cofusion all i meant really was it worked for me
It's not only because it worked for you it has/will work for everyone. Also, take a look at this example:
"Turning off the lights before turning your computer on is the only way to make it work. REALLY! I've tested it, and it really turns on if the lights are off."
See? That's what you've typed, but with other objects. Read "Discours de la méthode pour bien conduire sa raison, et chercher la verité dans les sciences", by René Descartes, you'll see why your workaround isn't valid. (If you're not going to read it, as I think, it will be considered invalid because you haven't done step one: receiving the information, verifying if it's true and it's procedences, to then examin it's racionality and justificative. Then only accept what's undoubtably true. In your case, you haven't even checked if the information was true.)
04-20-2009 07:17 PM
landermash

well im sorry for a usless post can someone remove it
04-20-2009 07:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: