What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...

Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
Author: Message:
MangoTango

O.P. Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
Alright, so I've used MsgPlus! Live for a really long time, now, and I had used it with the old Windows Live Messenger (Version 8.5, I believe). Then, my computer received a virus and I had to wipe the computer clean, and there was no way of reinstalling the old version of Windows Live Messenger. Therefore, I downloaded Windows Live Messenger 14.0, which is nice.

When I reinstalled MsgPlus! Live, I found problems with my whole Messenger.

1. When a contact types a new message, I only get notified with a sound, and the windows doesn't flash orange, even though the box is checked for it to. This is the same for when I have multiple people I'm talking to in tabs, and I don't know who just said something, I just hear a beep.

2. In my toolbar in a conversation window, the MsgPlus! Live buttons don't integrate themselves into it! What do I do to get them there?

3. I've deleted and reinstalled both Windows Live Messenger 14.0 and MsgPlus! Live many times over, and I have restarted the computer after repairing both of them (via Control Panel -->Add/Remove Programs) many times, and it still hasn't worked.

Once, however, it has worked when I restarted the computer and the MsgPlus! Live welcome screen showed up and I got to configure settings and such.

Then, I restarted the computer when I installed IE 8 (because the computer was wiped, IE reset to 6, the version this computer came with), and Windows Live Messenger/MsgPlus! Live is "broken/missing" again.

If anyone can give me tips on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated!
04-23-2009 08:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
Did you install any other add-ons for Messenger other than Messenger Plus! Live after the cleanup?

This post was edited on 04-23-2009 at 09:16 PM by Moh.
04-23-2009 09:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MangoTango

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
Ohh, thanks all!

No, I didn't install any other add ons.

I found the problem: ThreatFire.

So, I deleted it, and Windows Live Messenger is working perfectly fine now! Thanks!

04-23-2009 09:38 PM
rebornkel

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
Hey just wana ask.... you uninstall threatfire??? and everything works fine??? Did you reinstall windows messenger plus???
05-01-2009 04:40 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and...
quote:
Originally posted by rebornkel
Hey just wana ask.... you uninstall threatfire??? and everything works fine??? Did you reinstall windows messenger plus???
No need to re-install Messeger Plus! or Windows Live Messenger. Once you uninstall ThreatFire, everything should be fine.

EDIT: No problem. :)

This post was edited on 05-01-2009 at 04:52 PM by Moh.
05-01-2009 04:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rebornkel

32 / Male / Flag
thnx... appreciate your help... :)
05-01-2009 04:49 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: