What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » We want to hear from YOU!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
We want to hear from YOU!
Author: Message:
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: We want to hear from YOU!
Sent this mail just now.
Hey Patchou,

I thought when you ask for feedback and promise to read it,...

Back on April 1, 2007, I had been searching for a Messenger add-on to add the boss-key feature. When I googled around a bit, I found Messenger Plus! and decided to install it to see what else it'd offer. Back then, I was using Messenger 8.1 (later on, I became part of the Messenger 8.5 beta and used that one).

I was amazed about the overwhelming amount of features that Plus! (4.23, back then) added to Messenger. For some months, I was happy with using it, and that was it. In July 2007, I created an account at the Forums. At that time, I was searching for a script showing my Messenger status on the web. All I found was the Web2Live alpha (private then) - you probably know the outcome: I started my own script WLMStatus.

After again some months, my friend Bram Lancsweert talked to me about a mail from you looking for skinners. That's how I came into being a tester and also won a prize with my skin 'Apple Live Messenger' (you remember the Amazon vouchers?).

In the 1.5 years of being a tester, I started gathering all ideas that your users have, for new and enhanced functions of Messenger Plus! Live, collecting them into handy overviews in sticky forum threads.

However, I do feel that up to now, you were not that much interested in adding the features that your users and testers would like to see in Plus! - sometimes not even interested at all, to be honest. I'm sorry if I am a bit too honest here, but that is what I felt like. Every time when I look at the list of 100 and more items, all of them suggested by users, many of them I find interesting and having potential, some of them possibly getting complicated to program, some few of them probably not possible, very few you promised to add, yet *none* of them implemented in the software, I start worrying and wondering if you care about them, if you ever read it, if you even thought about adding at least some of the suggestions.

With Windows Live Wave 4, Microsoft is going to lower the boundaries of the different Web services and Essentials desktop applications. I think Messenger Plus! should get part of this cloud (in a different sense than the word is used nowadays). Integration is the magic word in this case.

Looking to the future of Messenger Plus! and Messenger itself, I feel just like you: there is the need of doing more, much more with this software. I won't send you a list with interesting features; I am sure you have received and will receive lots of messages about these. I just want to make you feel the importance of doing something valuable with the - sometimes raw - input that your users, and testers, give you. You know where to find the suggestion lists: just go through them in a silent hour and you will find tons of great inspirations for adding features that your users appreciate and want.

Many thanks that you didn't stop your dedicated Messenger Plus! work in all the past 8 years!
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-03-2009 12:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tetley

Hi

These are my ideas (some of them i already sent them)

- I think it would be cool if the animated emoticons could be saved in the conversation logs and still be animated (not static).
- Someway to block the annoying virus urls
- Someway to quickly save urls and email addresses, like the "url catcher" in the old mIRC
- Subgroups
- disable photo sharing (it's really annoying :@)
- choose which groups can view your personal message (in the nickname)
- personalized emoticons in the personal message area (or in the nickname for that matter)
- in external email accounts verification, allow gmail. i never could make it work.
- a way to synchronize messenger contacts with other contacts (for example, sometimes i add people in messenger and forgot to put them in my gmail contacts.
- newsletter for when new msn plus! versions comes out

ok that's all i can remember right now :)

keep up the good work! (H)
05-20-2009 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tetley
- disable photo sharing (it's really annoying :@)
- in external email accounts verification, allow gmail. i never could make it work.
- newsletter for when new msn plus! versions comes out
That's already included =P
[Image: Empty.png]
05-21-2009 12:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Already in other add-ons... Patch doesn't like to copy features...

quote:
- personalized emoticons in the personal message area (or in the nickname for that matter)
Not possible because of WLM itself...

quote:
- a way to synchronize messenger contacts with other contacts (for example, sometimes i add people in messenger and forgot to put them in my gmail contacts.
This has been already implemented for services like Facebook, LinkeIn, MySpace, Hi5, etc. at: http://profile.live.com/connect/ I don't think this would never reach the point of be part of an API and worst to be compatible with its more bigger enemy Google :P...

quote:
- Someway to quickly save urls and email addresses, like the "url catcher" in the old mIRC
- Subgroups
- choose which groups can view your personal message (in the nickname
These others I really don't understand what you mean... Copy email address is already a feature... and open urls in Display Name and Personal Status Message too... Subgroups of what? and hide PSMs in other contact list seems impossible to me :P

quote:
- I think it would be cool if the animated emoticons could be saved in the conversation logs and still be animated (not static).
The only idea I like and I think is possible is this one... but I guess there is too much memory involved in it... so maybe could be an option where the user select what he/she wants knowing the effect it could cause saving and loading them... :$

This post was edited on 05-21-2009 at 01:39 AM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-21-2009 01:30 AM
Shu

I'd like to see a logging feature that would log on the PC and ALSO on gmail ! :) like gtalk in the chat section of the mail or maybe with a custom label ...
05-24-2009 04:47 PM
tetley

Relating some users reply's to my suggestions :

blessed guy: you mean a newsletter already exists? how can i subscribe then? the other two i actually found latter in scripts, don't know it that's what you meant

warmth: subgroups for contacts! groups inside other groups... for example, in the group "Portugal", the group "Lisbon" and "Porto". "Someway to quickly save urls and email addresses" i meant like automatically save every url and email addresses that appear in the conversations, like the "url catcher" in the old mIRC, don't know if you are familiarized with that.

btw i forgot

quote: Originally posted by tetley

Where can i find this then?
05-24-2009 11:16 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
automatically save every url and email addresses that appear in the conversations, like the "url catcher" in the old mIRC

Search for my script 'FindLinks' on this forum...
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-24-2009 11:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Going to test it right now
quote:
btw i forgot

quote: Originally posted by tetley

Where can i find this then?
:P sorry but I don't like to talk of other add-ons here publicly... PM me and I will tell you...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-25-2009 06:33 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
blessed guy: you mean a newsletter already exists? how can i subscribe then? the other two i actually found latter in scripts, don't know it that's what you meant
http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/category/new-releases/ ;)
[Image: Empty.png]
05-25-2009 05:23 PM
tetley

thanks guys!
05-26-2009 01:23 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version