What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome
Author: Message:
Parks1993

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome
Please Volv...It says that on September 15th everyone has to have 2009 or you can't sign in and i hate 2009...Please make the skin work with 2009...Im begging you....
09-01-2009 06:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Parks1993
Please Volv...It says that on September 15th everyone has to have 2009 or you can't sign in and i hate 2009...Please make the skin work with 2009...Im begging you....

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Guys, lay up on him. When WLM 9 came out, I already asked him for an update for 2 of his skins that I really like. He has been busy IRL which is why he hasn't updated his skin.

You can do what I do and wait for an update (that might or might not come) or just downgrade to WLM 8.5 or something (assuming it still works) and use the skins :)

We (developers) do have our own lives :) working for the community is great but we hope the community understands that we do this work for free and in our spare time so if we don't have any spare time to commit to this work, you guys should understand. :)
To add to this, I know its difficult. I know the skins (Oil Slick and Deep Blue) are really great but lets face it, people have lives and lives keep them busy. So if its community based work (work for free out of personal interest), there are times when such projects take a back seat to more important things.

Possible solutions include moving to skins that are actually work on WLM 2009 or simply learning how to make skins and make a WLM 2009 compatible skin which kinda looks like Oil Slick (or is Oil Slick v2)

Note: I'm not saying you can rip Oil Slick off. Don't be a douche. If you want to make a 2009 compatible skin, ask Volv first if you can use the resources he's embedded in the skin and only after he gives you the green light should you start work. Make sure you give him credit :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
09-01-2009 09:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
JoaoVr

37 / Male / Flag
Don't let Oil Slick die! :$
03-06-2010 04:56 PM