What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Group/category on desktop

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Suggestion] Group/category on desktop
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Group/category on desktop
Man I forget about threads quick....

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Anyways, the enduser has to 'mess' with that because it unfortunatly isn't an option yet.

It isnt a option and Im suggesting on making a option for it.
07-27-2009 03:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Group/category on desktop
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

quote:
Anyways, the enduser has to 'mess' with that because it unfortunatly isn't an option yet.

And I suggested to edit the interface files for that. Just as you would edit the interface files for many other alterations you might want to do. Having an option for all the things you can do with the interface files is realy over-the-top. Simply having an option for changing the font for each window in Plus! is already over-the-top. Editing the interface files yourself isn't that hard at all.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2009 02:54 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

quote:

And I suggested to edit the interface files for that. Just as you would edit the interface files for many other alterations you might want to do. Having an option for all the things you can do with the interface files is realy over-the-top. Simply having an option for changing the font for each window in Plus! is already over-the-top. Editing the interface files yourself isn't that hard at all.

I understand it isnt hard but its the extra step the end user shouldnt have to do. It should be a simple option.
07-28-2009 04:20 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
I understand it isnt hard but its the extra step the end user shouldnt have to do. It should be a simple option.

In a similar way that people want Plus! for other IM client's and other platforms, Patchou does what he wants as he has an overall vision of which direction he should take the software. These things will probably never be done and that's his choice and people have to live with it, or else use something else to suite their needs.

In this situation in this thread, I don't hear people running off complaining to Microsoft that they have to do certain tasks through a command prompt, or in safe mode, just because it's an extra step or two.

People understand that software does what it was designed for. It doesn't need bells and whistles for every little thing. Changing a couple of bytes of information in a standard plain text file is not really too much work for anybody. Someone could always make a script to edit it automatically (or even a batch file for that matter), but why bother when there is so little call for it. We are hardly inundated with requests for this so it's a pretty bespoke request and one that I doubt will be listened to for the convenience of a part time member who only comes here to take what he wants without contributing towards the software or helping others in need on the forums
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-28-2009 06:37 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

In a similar way that people want Plus! for other IM client's and other platforms, Patchou does what he wants as he has an overall vision of which direction he should take the software. These things will probably never be done and that's his choice and people have to live with it, or else use something else to suite their needs.

In this situation in this thread, I don't hear people running off complaining to Microsoft that they have to do certain tasks through a command prompt, or in safe mode, just because it's an extra step or two.

People understand that software does what it was designed for. It doesn't need bells and whistles for every little thing. Changing a couple of bytes of information in a standard plain text file is not really too much work for anybody. Someone could always make a script to edit it automatically (or even a batch file for that matter), but why bother when there is so little call for it. We are hardly inundated with requests for this so it's a pretty bespoke request and one that I doubt will be listened to for the convenience of a part time member who only comes here to take what he wants without contributing towards the software or helping others in need on the forums

This a request for a key feature. I believe it should be taken into consideration BUT I understand if it isnt as I am the only one intrested in it.
07-28-2009 11:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
This a request for a key feature. I believe it should be taken into consideration BUT I understand if it isnt as I am the only one intrested in it.
Clearly _not_ a key feature then...

--------------------

EDIT (as I'm not going to waste a new post for this): riahc4, a key feature is something very important for most people and something which most people use. There is a big difference between a key feature requested by hundreds of people and a simple suggestion demanded by just one person.

This post was edited on 08-20-2009 at 12:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2009 01:26 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Clearly _not_ a key feature then...

And colors in a display name or "/ping" is not a key feature for ME either but they are there because someone either requested it or Patchou implanted them in the first place. Since he has not done my feature, I am putting it on the table as a suggestion.
08-19-2009 06:45 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
:deadhorse:
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-19-2009 10:43 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

EDIT (as I'm not going to waste a new post for this): riahc4, a key feature is something very important for most people and something which most people use. There is a big difference between a key feature requested by hundreds of people and a simple suggestion demanded by just one person.

Im sorry but I see how something like "/ping" is important for most people and something which most people use.

I didnt damand anything. Im asking for this feature, your opinion is it cant be done (I THINK you havent said anything about if you like or dislike this feature). If you have no intrest, then go right ahead and leave the thread.
08-20-2009 01:28 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
To be honest, I would like this feature. I would find it useful, imo.

However, seeing it has to do with Categories, I doubt it can be done anyways.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6556 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes, 41 seconds ago.

09-01-2009 09:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: