What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Very first skin

Very first skin
Author: Message:
Jeeeee

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. Very first skin
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say hi to everyone and thank you for the help you give. It's greatly appreciated.

It's my first skin and would like the feasibility of one of my concerns. What I would like to know is can you modify the Available, Favorites, Mobile line. By that I mean the Font used, the color and the position of the little arrow that shows when it's expanded.

Thank you again for the help!
06-18-2009 06:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Very first skin
Yes, you are allowed to do anything you'd like =)
The problem is we still don't know how to make somethings, others we consider impossible.
About changing the font, its well explained in the docs, read it carefully and you'll see how easy it is.
[Image: Empty.png]
06-18-2009 07:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeeeee

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Very first skin
Yeah the font is pretty simple, but my real question was about the little arrow.. I wanted to know how to move it from the left side of the category to the right!

This post was edited on 06-18-2009 at 07:08 PM by Jeeeee.
06-18-2009 07:06 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jeeeee
Yeah the font is pretty simple, but my real question was about the little arrow.. I wanted to know how to move it from the left side of the category to the right!
I'd say that is in the "We still don't know how to make it" category.
[Image: Empty.png]
06-18-2009 07:11 PM
Jeeeee

45 / Male / Flag
lol, ok thank you!

Pretty much sums up my post!
06-18-2009 07:27 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
I'd say that is in the "We still don't know how to make it" category.
Do you mean this?

[Image: 262pa36.jpg]
06-18-2009 10:30 PM
Jeeeee

45 / Male / Flag
Yes exactly!
06-18-2009 10:55 PM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
You just have to move a line in the file msgres_def_1002. Here's an example:

Look for

code:
<MsgrGroupElement ResID=GroupTemplate Sheet=0 ID=atom(GroupTemplate) Layout=FillLayout() Active=0 Padding=Rect(2,2,2,0) Accessible=false>
<Element Class="BuddyListItem" Padding=Rect(0,2,0,2) Layout=BorderLayout() Active=3 AccName=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") AccRole=64 AddBehavior=UXContacts::PIP([StringNull],atom(PIPTarget)) ID=atom(group) LayoutPos=client ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed")>
<Element id=atom(PIPTarget) Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=client Tag=0 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Class="ExpandCollapseIcon" Active=5 ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed") AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph() AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() LayoutPos=left/>
<Element Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0) LayoutPos=left/>
<EmoText RichEditStyle=0x1000|0x400000 id=atom(BuddyListName) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") URLDetect=false Accessible=true Active=0 Tag=0 LayoutPos=left MaxTextLength=60/>
<Element id=atom(BuddyListStatus) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::Annotation") Margin=Rect(2,0,0,0) AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide() Tag=0 LayoutPos=left AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide()/>
</Element>
</Element>
</MsgrGroupElement>

and change it to
code:
<MsgrGroupElement ResID=GroupTemplate Sheet=0 ID=atom(GroupTemplate) Layout=FillLayout() Active=0 Padding=Rect(2,2,2,0) Accessible=false>
<Element Class="BuddyListItem" Padding=Rect(0,2,0,2) Layout=BorderLayout() Active=3 AccName=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") AccRole=64 AddBehavior=UXContacts::PIP([StringNull],atom(PIPTarget)) ID=atom(group) LayoutPos=client ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed")>
<Element id=atom(PIPTarget) Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=client Tag=0 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0) LayoutPos=left/>
<EmoText RichEditStyle=0x1000|0x400000 id=atom(BuddyListName) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") URLDetect=false Accessible=true Active=0 Tag=0 LayoutPos=left MaxTextLength=60/>
<Element id=atom(BuddyListStatus) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::Annotation") Margin=Rect(2,0,0,0) AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide() Tag=0 LayoutPos=left AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide()/>
<Element Class="ExpandCollapseIcon" Active=5 ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed") AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph() AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() LayoutPos=left/>
</Element>
</Element>
</MsgrGroupElement>

I moved the line with the "ExpandCollapseIcon" text. Make this with all the groups to get what you want ;)

This post was edited on 06-18-2009 at 11:16 PM by robert_dll.
06-18-2009 11:10 PM
Jeeeee

45 / Male / Flag
Thank you for your help robert. After what you showed me I tried a couple of things and one thing i tried was changing the LayoutPos=left to right and it does what I'm looking for !!

Thank you again!
06-19-2009 03:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: