What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
Author: Message:
kurono

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
quote:
Originally posted by Coolieo
I would like to see the option to Always Appear Offline to specific people.  I do not want to have to block certain people that I don't want to chat to at that time.

I still want to be able to receive messages from those people, so block would not work there.

Appearing offline to all members to avoid needing this feature will not work also as I need to be Online to have certain features like Video Call working.

Also I want people that I would actually want to chat to at that time to know that I am online, while chosen people will see me as being offline but can still have contact with me.

This feature is already implemented in Yahoo Messenger, but I dont like yahoo at all.

Thank you, having this feature will make WLM complete for me.  Apart from the bloated GUI *-)

I would like this feature seconded. Appearing offline to selected contacts and still receiving messages may be the only thing new i want to see... ^^(Y)
11-12-2009 03:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I doubt that much can be done for it as those two options are different things and the user must have a way to choose to block or not to block a contact. Deleting a user doesn't always means blocking the contact too.
yeah but IMO its just a waste of space.  all one has to do is Tick either Box Block or Delete depending on what the user wants to do with that contact.
11-13-2009 12:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
Good to see this thread is still active with suggestions :).
11-13-2009 10:54 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
I doubt that much can be done for it as those two options are different things and the user must have a way to choose to block or not to block a contact. Deleting a user doesn't always means blocking the contact too.
yeah but IMO its just a waste of space.  all one has to do is Tick either Box Block or Delete depending on what the user wants to do with that contact.

Instead of adding a name to a block list, perhaps removing the name from either list (and thus becoming a part of the "Others").

I'd like my settings for Contact display pictures to stay small in the conversation windows.
Improvements (and fix) to the webcam issues (it's really laggy, ConnectNow works much better; less resources) would be nice.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6559 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes, 42 seconds ago.

12-05-2009 03:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
Instead of adding a name to a block list, perhaps removing the name from either list (and thus becoming a part of the "Others").
That is wat delete without ticking the 'also block' option does. That is exactly why that dialog is the way it is; it can't be made 'smaller'; you need the two options.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-05-2009 05:14 AM
EnigmaConsulting

WLM needs AutoAccept, a la Plus!, for a configurable set of request types and/or contact filters.

WLM also needs AutoFullScreen for video calls for a configurable set of contacts filters.

WLM could gain considerable market share if they removed those two barriers to the computer illiterate senior citizens.  With AutoAccept and AutoFullScreen options, someone computer literate could easily set up anothers computer for unassisted video conferencing.

Of course, filtering by contacts is crucial to preventing abuse -- some of it anyway.
12-18-2009 12:38 AM
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
The cleanly installed client needs to be much more minimalistic, and provide the basic features in a clean interface, with options to customize/addon extra things.

We shouldn't have to spend time skinning/scripting, installing addons and editing options to get a clean, easy IM client.

I don't mind the integration with social networking instruments (Twitter, Facebook etc), as long as it is done cleanly and is not invasive or dominant in the interface.
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
12-18-2009 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
AAA123

Imagine IM with virtual reality.
12-26-2009 08:28 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AAA123
What do you mean by virtual reality?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-26-2009 08:37 AM
AAA123

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by AAA123
What do you mean by virtual reality?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality
12-26-2009 09:26 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode