What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest

Pages: (14): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest
Author: Message:
BessiaN

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Just so you know: yesterday, somebody won 2 times in just half an hour... :).
thats just gonna annoy people more

it doesen't annoy me ,it makes me not participating anymore in the game ,someone won 2 times in an half hour ,
i clicked 3 or 4 hours there and won nothing how does this make me annoying ? it makes me nervious :@
07-14-2009 06:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
murko

54 / Male / Flag
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest
Wow! This was really an annoying feature!

And why oh why is a link shown in my status if I am stupid enough to click on it? You could aswell have had banners all over the interface, cause thats the only reason I guess!

And second. When is the release coming that excludes this function? Since I dont see any option to show this within the interface or not!
07-15-2009 08:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by murko
Wow! This was really an annoying feature!

And why oh why is a link shown in my status if I am stupid enough to click on it? You could aswell have had banners all over the interface, cause thats the only reason I guess!

And second. When is the release coming that excludes this function? Since I dont see any option to show this within the interface or not!

The link is to advertise Messenger Plus! Live to your contacts.

The contest is only there to give you the option to win a prize and it has been successful for a few years.  If you don't want to play, just don't click the button.

The contest button will be removed sometime after the contest is finished in a month
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5218 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes, 28 seconds ago
07-15-2009 08:42 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In addition to what djdannyp said:

murko,

That button isn't a feature, it's a temporary game where you can win real prizes.
The link is also there to give you more chance in winning a price.
And you don't need to download a new release for the button to be gone. As djdannyp said, the button will be removed after the contest is over, automatically, in August. (Plus! will detect this and the button will not be shown anymore).

This post was edited on 07-15-2009 at 09:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-15-2009 09:04 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
What you smokin' murko? There's a tiny contest button which is hardly intrusive and if you click it it tells you exactly what it is (a contest) and what it will do BEFORE it changes your personal message.

Direct quote from the window which appears as soon as you click the button:
quote:
The rule is simple: click on the image and find the prizes! They are all "hidden" in specific coordinates that were randomly generated at the beginning of the contest. Pick a spot, click, and you will be instantly notified if you won the prize or not. You can play as many times as you want for the duration of the contest. The only requirement is to let Messenger Plus! add a promotional tag in your personal message while you play, that's it.
At that point you can choose whether you wish to play or not. Any sentient being capable of reading would read the clear, plain writing and known exactly what it is: the opportunity for Messenger Plus users to win real prizes, as many already have, in exchange for only a link being placed in your personal message for the duration the game is played.

If you don't want to win prizes just click the cancel button and that's all there is to it, what's the problem? You are either a half-wit or a douche.

This post was edited on 07-15-2009 at 04:47 PM by Volv.
07-15-2009 04:42 PM
The_GamezMaster

36 / Male / Flag
I've won 2 prizes so far :D

Anyway, I referred this friend of mine, but when hes playing the game, It still say's 0 friends playing..

Also, my referral link contains a '
could this be the problem?
07-16-2009 03:40 PM
lolMeng

Hey yo
So I won something and want to ask if the shipping fee is paid by them or I have to pay for it?... Because if so this contest is pointless for me because the shipping fee would cost like 10x the prize lol.

This post was edited on 07-16-2009 at 05:02 PM by lolMeng.
07-16-2009 04:58 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
It ships for free worldwide.

Although import taxes your country adds can be an issue. Import taxes vary per country and the person who sends the package can't really control it. But the packages will be sent as a gift, which may mean they are free of tax, or depending on the value of the package have a small tax fee.

If the import tax fee does turn out to be a problem you can try contacting Patchou about it, in previous contests he came up with a solution for other people. They'll hold the package for you while you work it out. In the worst case you don't accept the package, but nobody can force you to pay if you don't accept the package.

This post was edited on 07-16-2009 at 05:14 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-16-2009 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lolMeng

Okay thanks for quick answer.
07-16-2009 05:08 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest
There was a display glitch affecting those special referral links, thanks for reporting the issue, it's fixed now. Rest assured though, all the referals are properly counted, with and with quotes :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-16-2009 05:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (14): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: