What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Send SMS text on contact sign in

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Send SMS text on contact sign in
Author: Message:
ProtoZoa

O.P. Send SMS text on contact sign in
The overall goal for this script is to send MY phone a text message when a specified contact logs on. In the case of my script it is "skyman_416 at live dotcom"

This script works up until it tries to send the message. The person signs in, a new window for that person gets created, and it tries to send the message. Everything works correctly, but when the new window is created,
code:
Messenger.OpenChat(TxtToContact).SendMessage(Email + LogOnMessage);
It opens a regular contact window, when it needs to open a mobile conversation.

This is what I get...
[Image: SendSMS.png]
If I click the "Start a mobile conversation" button and then type something, it will send it to my phone.

Here is the code I have...
code:
var LogOnMessage = " logged on!";
var LogOffMessage = " logged off.";

function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart)
{
    Debug.Trace("**********Messenger Initialized**********");
}
//*****************************************************************
function OnEvent_ContactSignin(Email) {
    var SendToContact = "skyman_416@live.com";
    var TxtToContact = "+0123456789";
    Debug.Trace("[Sign-in] Contact Sign-in [" + Email + "]");
    if (Email !== Messenger.MyEmail) {
        Debug.Trace("[Sign-in] Not my current email");
        Debug.Trace("[Sign-in] [" + Email + "]");
        if (Email == "skyman_416@live.com") {
            if (Messenger.MyStatus == 7) {
                Messenger.OpenChat(TxtToContact).SendMessage(Email + LogOnMessage);
                Debug.Trace("[Sign-in] Message (" + Email + LogOnMessage + ") sent to " + TxtToContact);
            }
        }
    }
}
//*****************************************************************
function OnEvent_Uninitialize(MessengerExit)
{
    Debug.Trace("**********Messenger Uninitialized**********");
}

Is there a way to make this work, or should I be looking for a way to send an email to my phone? (AT&T users would be: 0123456789@txt.att.net)

Thanks for your help!

This post was edited on 08-19-2009 at 03:54 AM by Chrono.
07-12-2009 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in
this is a great idea... maybe it can be done with the option to send you an email too... and not only for online event but for many others events...

This post was edited on 07-12-2009 at 07:07 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
07-12-2009 07:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ProtoZoa

O.P. RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in
I have gotten this to work by sending an email to my mobile phones txting email.

I used the code for sending an email here(added SSL to be able to send through my gmail account):
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=90...d=963672#pid963688
This code allows you to send a message to any email. I just used it for sending it to my phone.

If anybody would like to know how to send an email as a text to their phone they can check out this page:
http://www.sms411.net/2006/07/how-to-send-email-to-phone.html

(script status) I currently have a lot of settings hard coded in, so I need to get a nice GUI set up for options and other things.
07-20-2009 05:58 AM
piggieshorts

Hi there,

I have for a long time now been looking for a way to be notified via an SMS message or email when someone signs onto WLM.  I would love it if someone could get something working and share it.  I'd even be willing to pay a little for something that works.

So, I am trying to learn more, so regarding what you have been working on, how would one even get this installed (or whatever it should be called in this case) so that it would be usable?  Meaning, even though your current script is not working quite the way you desire, how do you get it to kick off?

Again, I would so love to have something like this and have searched for a long time now.  And would love it if you would share information.  :-)

Please feel free to email me at piggieshorts@hotmail.com
08-09-2009 05:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Such a script is actually very easy to make.

The hard part is to find a SMS service on the net which supports your phone service provider. This is something you must do yourself, but there are a lot of lists available... (see the second link in the post before yours to get started)

Usually these services are not entirley free. But once you find such a service all you need to do is to send an email (usually) to a specific email adress and you'll recieve the SMS.

So the script simply checks if person x or y signs in, then it sends the sms.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-12-2009 06:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cRuNcHeR

30 / Male / Flag
Okay well this is a little different to the original overall goal for this script specific script but i thought i'd throw it in here since this topic is about SMS.
Anyway here goes;

I use free SMS sites quite a lot and i came across one that works 100%.. But i get sick of having to load up my browser and enter all the details over and over (When you see the site you will understand).
So my idea was to write a script directing it to the site with a little interface on msn making it easier and faster to send the SMS, maybe with an Address book in the interface to save numbers / details.
That way all you would need to do is type a small command in any MSN conversation such as '/sms' and that would bring up the SMS interface and allow you to enter all the details with ease and send the SMS.

I hope i explained it clear enough and I've never really looked into whats possible with scripting but by the sounds of things, it looks possible. Would be a huge help.

Oh and i almost forgot heres the website;

http://www.text4free.net/

As you can see you have to enter the number - Select the network provider, enter your message and enter the security code.
It may not seem like much but its gets annoying for lazy people :).
As you can see an address book to save the number + network provider would be quite nifty :).

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, if this is possible and someone is willing to make it.. Would it be possible to make it compatible with WLM 8.5 since i do not use / like WLM 9.0. I also use Windows XP x64 Edition, I dont believe WLM 9.0 is compatible with x64.

This post was edited on 08-18-2009 at 03:28 PM by cRuNcHeR.
[Image: SigSigSig.jpg]
08-18-2009 03:16 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
It does the same thing as sending 11111111111@pci.rogers.com it sends an email-to-sms message where you need to reply to read the message...

Nothing new
08-18-2009 05:46 PM
cRuNcHeR

30 / Male / Flag
Um are you talking about Text4free.. Because if so; You don't need to reply to read the message.
I've used it for some time now and it's worked great. Hope someone is willing to make the script for Messenger Plus :).
08-18-2009 06:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in
quote:
Originally posted by cRuNcHeR

quote:
Originally posted by matty
It does the same thing as sending 11111111111@pci.rogers.com it sends an email-to-sms message where you need to reply to read the message...

Nothing new
Um are you talking about Text4free.. Because if so; You don't need to reply to read the message.
I've used it for some time now and it's worked great. Hope someone is willing to make the script for Messenger Plus :).
Yes, he is talking about the Text4Free Service and he IS correct.

The Text4Free service does not have its own service to send SMS. It (ab)uses other online services! And depending on the provider you send the SMS to, the recepient must reply to a recieved SMS in order to read your SMS. He either need to reply to the SMS or go to an online page (link given in the SMS he recieves). Also, depending on the provider it is the recepient who pays for those SMS.

For example, if someone uses Text4Free to send a SMS to me, I first must reply to the SMS send by the online service used by the Text4Free service and they will charge me €2 or £1 + price for an sms for it!!!!!!! (I can send like 100 SMS for that amount of money) Not to mention that they will now have my number and will send advertisement from time to time according to their conditions & terms of use.
(they = not Text4Free, but that other online service it uses*)

So, it is not much different than other online SMS services, except that it doesn't send the SMS itself but uses other online SMS services to do the job. As such, the Text4Free service does NOT work 100% all the time as it highly depends on the availability of the uses online services.

If you are planning to use this service to send a SMS to your own phone because you can't find any other online service, you could simply look at the source of the Text4Free form (the inline frame to be more exact) to find out what exact online service it uses for your provider/country and use that online service directly. Although that might not always work for free either as shown by my example above.

* And for UK users it is even worse if you use that service, they need to pay £5 to read your SMS!!!!!

This post was edited on 08-19-2009 at 02:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2009 01:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cRuNcHeR

30 / Male / Flag
I think i understand what you're both saying but i've even sent SMS messages to myself and people in Canada and they read them free of charge. Just a small advert on the text, E.g:

Admin@Text4free.net <message here> sent from text4free

Or something similar atleast.
I'm really in dissbelief of what you say about the costs and having to reply to view the message so I'll tell you step by step how i would send a message from text4free;

1. Go to http://www.text4free.net/ (obviously!)

2. Scroll down to 'Send Free SMS' on the homepage. (again pretty obvious)

3. Enter the cellphone number and network. E.g 07***** / O2 (UK) in my case. Ignoring 'Any <country> Provider' at the top of the list, those seem to fail pretty bad and are not connected to text4free.

4. Enter the message (obviously!)

5. Enter security code (obvious again)

6. Push send!

Again i'll mention; The top few listings for the 'Provider' being 'Any <country> Provider' are the only ones that don't work for me (maybe thats what you guys are talking about?). I make sure i know the contacts real provider and select it individually.
08-19-2009 02:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: