What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Australian prices of windows7?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Australian prices of windows7?
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Australian prices of windows7?
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Like I said, XP and Vista are still out there. I have been using them for years and I will most likely continue using them for many more years to come. You're confusing wants for needs.

I don't know about 'affordability' per se, but Home Premium should definitely be valued greater than 2 console games considering the number of hours and use you'll obtain from it in comparison.
i been using WinXP64bit for years. i do have a copy of Vista ultimate here i will probably reinstall as its cheaper for me right now.. i dont need Win7, but many people like Security so i thought win7 would be best way to go than to reinstall Vista

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate

Console games are over priced and are a rip off.
Ditto to that

This post was edited on 08-07-2009 at 01:52 AM by Hank.
08-07-2009 01:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Australian prices of windows7?
At the very least I would have thought they would have put into place the preorder discount like they did in the US.

The prices aren't too far off vistas, but yeah they are really inflated when compared to the rest of the world. I have vista ultimate now, but there is not a chance in hell I will get the win 7 equivalent.

The savings of upgrade vs retail get pretty crap towards the high end of the scale.

Home Premium Upgrade: $199
Home Premium Retail: $299
Saving: $100

Professional Upgrade: $399
Professional Retail: $449
Saving: $50

Ultimate Upgrade: $429
Ultimate Retail: $469
Saving: $40

It can get pretty ridiculous when you have more than one computer in the house (which most people do).

I am hoping that they make the Home Premium family pack available here in Australia, would save me a bit. Otherwise I will just get Home Premium on just my main computer. Screw Ultimate.

This post was edited on 08-07-2009 at 02:07 AM by Willz.
08-07-2009 02:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Australian prices of windows7?
Ultimate is to expensive of the upgrade to windows7. even i still cant afford it with my poor income :( unless i do a Warwick Capper an prostitute myself for $1500 a night :)
08-07-2009 02:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: