What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap

Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap
Author: Message:
rossco

O.P. Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap
What's this play to win garbage?

Look, personally, I think your taking advantage of your users.

I install Messenger Plus! to enhance my Messenger, NOT to have garbage spyware and Play to win icons all over the place.

What's next, links to online bingo and black jack?

By all means put this rubbish on your website... But do us all a favour, LEAVE IT THERE. I don't want this crap on my system.... UNINSTALLED!

I won't be coming back. Sponsor applications and NOW ADVERTISING ICONS!

Pertuli, or whatever you name is, your a SELLOUT mate.

In future I'll be using A-Patch or messpatch.be

What this application used to do, it doesn't do any more. And the things it doesn't do any more where the only real point in using it in the fist place.
07-21-2009 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap
You're referring the the contest icon as an advertising icon?

Uninstalling is your own choice, do it if you feel like it, but you might want to know the prizes from this "Play and win icon" come directly out of Patchou's pocket. He's not making money on that icon, it costs him thousands of dollars instead.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-21-2009 05:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap
To add a bit more facts to what Menthix already said and to get things strait:
quote:
Originally posted by rossco
I install Messenger Plus! to enhance my Messenger, NOT to have garbage spyware and Play to win icons all over the place.
"All over the place" is a bit exaggerating. There is only 1 icon which is in the main contactlist window. This icon will also be removed automatically after the contest is over in August, without the need to install an update.

Neither the sponsor, neither the contest are spyware at all, not even in the smallest way. They are both also optional; if you don't want the sponsor, don't opt in. If you don't want to play the game then don't...

quote:
Originally posted by rossco
What this application used to do, it doesn't do any more. And the things it doesn't do any more where the only real point in using it in the fist place.
There are no big features which Plus!Live wont do anymore, everything which is still technically possible is still there except for the removal of the advertisement banner in Messenger, which I have a very strong feeling you are referring to.

However, it has been removed since a very long time, 5 years ago!!! So I have no clue why you suddenly feel the need to complain only now.
The reason for that removal can be read here: 'MSN advertisement banner' removal
Though, in fact, you could still remove those banners with Messenger Plus! via skinning.

If you still were using Messenger Plus! Live till today (after 5 years of that banner removal option being removed) it surely must have been for other reasons too.

So, telling you have uninstalled Plus! because of that and because of the temporary contest makes not much sense to me at all, but it is your good right to do of course...

This post was edited on 07-21-2009 at 09:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2009 07:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: