What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam Disconnecting

Webcam Disconnecting
Author: Message:
staticanime

O.P. Webcam Disconnecting
Ok, hi all. I'm having problems with webcam in msn, and yes, I've seen the same problem all over this forum. anyway, I've tracked the problem I think, but there's still no fix.

Anyway, firstly, the problem. You send a request to send your webcam, or someone else wants to see yours, after about 20 seconds (post accepting the request), it disconnects

The cause: well, as far as I can tell, for some reason, MSN tells the WIA (Image Acquisition) service to shut down, and it only seems to happen on vista & 7, the problem never occurs on XP (for me anyway). So, anyone know a fix?
07-26-2009 07:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RawrrrFace18

RE: Webcam Disconnecting
Feel free to correct me.

I've done a quick search on Google and most with the same issue say that reinstalling the webcam worked for them or the problem for them have been that the Windows Image Acquistion (WIA) has been set to manual and should have been set to automatic.

This post was edited on 07-26-2009 at 09:53 PM by RawrrrFace18.
07-26-2009 09:48 PM
staticanime

O.P. RE: RE: Webcam Disconnecting
quote:
Originally posted by RawrrrFace18
Feel free to correct me.

I've done a quick search on Google and most with the same issue say that reinstalling the webcam worked for them or the problem for them have been that the Windows Image Acquistion (WIA) has been set to manual and should have been set to automatic.
Yeah, I've tried both of those unfortunantly, still no joy
07-26-2009 10:20 PM
whiplash

My issue may be totally unrelated as I do not see you mention anything about your network.  But in my case, anytime a webcam session was activated, my entire network would die.  Turns out it was the router and after I replaced it, it worked fine.

Again, most likely unrelated, but still.
07-28-2009 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
staticanime

O.P. RE: RE: Webcam Disconnecting
quote:
Originally posted by whiplash
My issue may be totally unrelated as I do not see you mention anything about your network.  But in my case, anytime a webcam session was activated, my entire network would die.  Turns out it was the router and after I replaced it, it worked fine.

Again, most likely unrelated, but still.
Well, for me, I tried a different router, and the cam SOMETIMES works with SOME people, so I dunno
07-28-2009 07:56 PM
whiplash

Again, in my case, it had to do with UPnP. 
07-28-2009 08:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: